E-Glider new design called RedEagle

Ton van Munsteren

In the Winter 2012-13 we build with 5 modellers an E-glider called the Guppy which we enlarged to 2 mtr. It was kind of a club project and in the summer 4 Guppy's where flying so lots of fun.

Because of that I also took my good old Aeronaut Powerfly out for some flying and had again good fun, even still flying the model with the old geared speed 400 setup.

The strange thing is that there are not many gliders at our club and because of my mate started with gliders and I followed there where more members who showed interrest in gliders.

With my mate going into F5J competition made me think that that would made a nice competition at our club in combination with a club glider design.

So in two week an E-glider was designed and will be called RedEagle what else when the club is called Red Eagles.

Enough talking lets start with pics and I hope you all like it ;

So with the parts cut by RBC I have everthing to get started with the build.

More pics to follow.

Ton

fwal,

Thanks smiley and yes please do keep watching, more pickies soon.

Iam not familliar with the Balsa Cabin Sorrento is there a photo somewhere to see how it looks.

kc,

Thanks smiley the motor size was at first selected as the 2217/9 which is used in my Guppy model the green/ puple 1e photo. But could not find that on the HK site, so ordered the 2217/16 wich should work well with a 10x6 folder prop. The Lipo will be a 3S 2200ma which I like very much as a batt pack and is also used on a lot of my other models.

Ton

Ian,

Thanks and yes it will be a floaty E-glider for E-motor, Rudder and Elevator controle only.

And if it works out nice, who knows what could be next.

John,

Thanks and yes must admit that Iam happy with the way it looks with the webs between the spars, its give's a very clean look.

Danny,

Thanks and it would be great when you have a go at it, Iam sure you will have fun flying gliders on summer evenings its so relaxing.

And yes Iam sure that Rob will make it a cnc kit for an RCME plan, Iam building it from a first cnc set so its there already.

Bob,

Graham from RCME has already asked me to send the design in asap so iam sure it will be a plan for the RCME.

Yes the wing it split in the middle so there will be to sections of 1m

Cheers

Ton

The pics , 3 views of the DH60 are allover the workshopwink , so I won't forget smiley, but Iam in no hurry and waiting for the Apache to get finished to make a start on the DH60 cheeky.

Yes a littlewink but don't tell anyone , the RedEagle was build in 3 weeks and that was only because I was taking it slow knowing that I would have to wait for the motor , etc to come in from HK to make the it flight ready. Still waiting for the parts though crying 2

Ton