Jet Provost Info (3-views, schemes etc)

As the PSSA Mass Build sees us building a scale model, I thought it a good idea to create a place for all things related to the full-size Jet Provost - 3 view drawings, colourscheme details, walk around photos, cockpit detail - anything really that may be of use to help all our builders replicate a full-size machine.

I'll make a start with this very useful website full of the types history...

JP Heaven

Of course, with just a little work on the canopy, the JP model can very easily be made into the light attack Strikemaster, which opens the doors to a whole host of alternative schemes and details... so lets cover that too!

Strikemaster Heaven

• 4 weeks later...

We've re-edited the JP cockpit console .jpg today as I found that printing the one originally posted at 100% scale produced a pixelated image due to the dpi limit on the original image - anyway, this one, attached below, is scaled correctly so when you print it should appear 100mm wide (ideal for the model) and is now 150 dpi which is almost photo quality - certainly fine for what we need when viewed through the moulded canopy.

high def cockpit panel.jpg

Thanks go to Rez today for his guidance on the dpi setting problem. thumbs up

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

What was once the Thorpe Brothers I believe are bringing some models out again - I've followed their progress on Facebook of the creation of moulds for a nicely sized JP. Willis Warbirds also used to have a kit for large JP, not sure they are still in production though.

Other than that, scale-up Andy's plan, and make your own I guess?