Gemini AutoGyro - The BIG Build...

Steve Jones 2

Hi Rich, Oh ok....

Mine is 100mm down from the top edge of the back former where it meets the base of the mast. This i think was the position on the plan that Rich gave me....sure I measured it twice !! surprise

I will check again.

Rich H and Tim, what's the dimension for your motor's please, as you have the only other two in existencesmiley

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Steve Jones 2 on 09/04/2014 05:48:44:

Remeasured and the motor is 63mm from top of U/C to motor centre, 100mm down from top of rear former

Steve

Steve another reference point from mine, from the centre of the motor spindle to the centre of the tail boom measured vertically is 160mm, 100mm down from top of rear former, 63 to top of U/C. Yours matches mine Big Boy!

Cheers Tim, yep that what's marked up on the plan. I have adjusted slightly in line with Rich E, flew his and liked the characteristics.....yes

So back to the build....some more progress and all building done, not the great bit the covering - Ferrari REDface 6face 6

sam_2027.jpg

Radio in...

sam_2028.jpg

And as for that curvy cowl.... looks good after all the effortcheeky

sam_2029.jpg

My usual method of fixing -pegs and magnets - save the screws and quick to remove

sam_2030.jpg

Steve

• 1 month later...

Latest update following the Chiltern Club flyin...

The Gemini Flys, but only just ... thanks to the great piloting skills of Rich E.

Several flights were completed but really trouble with the trimming. weight changes and different blades tried, things improved but not to sweet spot. Further consultation after the even and the suggestion is my 6mm blades are not lifting enough. The Gemini was trialled on 9mm blades so here we go again,,,, another set required.

Progress so far with 760mm x 70 wide blades. the leading edge is 22mm spruce with 9mm and 13mm laminated. Section is show in the pic after the usual, razor plane, sanding block and a little Vino !!cheeky

sam_2063.jpg

Steve

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 04/06/2014 20:52:02

Well, over a year in the making - this model is what it was all about.

sam_2053.jpg

sam_2056.jpg

Such a big thanks to all the fantastic Auto nuts here in the UK , what a friendly bunch of real modellers - Rich H, Rich E, Andy, Chas, Tim, Malcolm.... I could not have done it without all your support yes

BRING ON WINTERTON !!cheeky

Steve (and No I have not stopped smiling yet ....)

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...