"Barnfire" project

jeff2wings

• 4 years later...

Barnstormer revisited

imga0922.jpg

So,having "finished" building Barnstormer RAF edition it was duly flown to great adulation and applause.....................

Errr,no,that did't happen,it got stuck up in the loft with all my other planes and R/C stuff as a result of losing our flying site and not being able too find an alternative site/club.

Well five years later,and with the possibility of going part time at work, I decided it was time to finish off some old projects,so far that has been the Bi-fly,Fair Legionaire and Wik super tiger (almost!).When the Barnstormer was dug out of the eaves it resembled a prune more than a sleek interceptor !sad

There was also a number of other things that I was less than happy with that I felt I could have done better.

imga0043.jpg

the blue covering had bubbled badly and the rudder as well

imga0044.jpg

stringers to flexible adding to covering issues

imga0046.jpg

imga0047.jpg

ready for recovering

imga0053.jpg

imga0112.jpg

This time I have used vinyl instead of trying to film over film,something I have never got the hang of blusha bit of soapy water makes it so much easier ! yes

Next thing was to replace the stub axles

imga0102.jpg

this is a GP made axle ,it's made in two parts :i.e. a bolt with a rod rammed into it,but it looks a bit untidy with the nut &bolt look

imga0103.jpg

made from a 6 mm coach bolt

imga0111.jpg

much better with split pin and washer

Edited By jeff2wings on 16/05/2019 21:29:32