Phil's PSS Jet Provost - Build Blog

Great photos as always Phil. Must get a better camera. Seems an essential part of a PSSA member's kit.

Presumably this was before the Spitfire incident? I am very familiar with this. At LMMGA me and Keith have had two examples

1. I was flying a Phase 6 with another identical model. I ended flying the wrong model. The lads said the same thing - you will find it by looking due downwind. I was looking in the wrong field. It was 500 yards away stuck into the top of a pine tree. The wing broke but we retrieved it. I have now put stickers on it in Chris Foss's font which is called Trafaret by the way, saying "likes trees"
  2. Keith started trying to fly a buzzard. Next thing there was a crash as his Middle Phase javelined itself through a barn roof. We think he was trying to make the Buzzard dive at the time.

Nice one Pete - yes both photos were taken some time before the Spit incident, in fact they were taken at the meeting before on the Orme!

There are a number of PSSA members with a keen interest in photography, full size a/c mainly, but it's a nice extension of the hobby too. When the weather is good and we get good light on our models its nice knowing there are a few capable 'toggers' with big lenses on site to capture the action as it happens!!