Another PSS Jet Provost Build Blog

• 4 weeks later...

After attending the event at the Great Orme over the weekend, I would like to finish off this blog by saying thankyou to a few people.

First and foremost to Phil for having the vision and the drive to put on this whole event, and for the hard work he put in to deliver it so successfully. It was a privilege to be a part of it at the weekend.

For me, as a first timer to these PSS events, the upside of having to wait a day and a half for the wind to get up to flying strength, was that it gave us a lot more time to meet, and get to know, each other. And what a friendly and welcoming bunch you all were! One of the strange things for me about this whole exercise, was that having read all those blogs over the last few months, I felt that I almost knew some of you before I got there. So thanks very much to everyone I met. Thanks for all the help, advice, and support.

It was a pleasure to witness some very impressive flying from many more of you. But the best bit was getting the chance to enjoy the shear exhilaration of PSS flying for myself for the first time.

Thanks too to Andy Blackburn. Not just for designing such an enjoyable model to build and fly, but also for teaching me the basics of PSS flying in less than 1 minute – ‘ You’re flying it too slow, more down trim, more down, fly it faster, faster, faster, more down, faster,….that’s about right!’

I’m still a long way from being a comfortable PSS flier, but I left the Orme with a certain amount of confidence that this model stands a decent chance of surviving a few more flights. So now I might embark on a few more scale details before next time.

Thanks everybody. I’ll definitely be back.