An idiot's guide to building a Barnstormer

Nigel Day

Thanks Martin.

Thanks Cymaz. I may make it over sometime to see how a proper club operates but it wouldn't be to join or on a regular basis. I'll sort out a basic trainer one way or another and, when I've done some more sim flying, probably take myself 4 miles up the road to the edge of Bodmin Moor. There's a good flying area there and the sheep and horses keep the grass pretty short. There are a few others that fly there several days a week too.

Thanks Colin, John.

The Profilm hides a multitude of sins - but it also highlights a few others too. Hence the lack of close-ups. wink

Thanks Martin - but I don't plan on crashing it that often! I'm happy to spend a few more spondoolies too. smiley

Edited By Nigel Day on 07/10/2014 19:27:17

Edited By Nigel Day on 07/10/2014 19:28:35

Here's the whole beastie in one piece - minus motor etc.

img_0940.jpg

img_0935.jpg

img_0934.jpg

You might be able to see what I mean about the wingtips here. It doesn't look too bad in the photos but I had a real job to get rid of the wrinkles along the length of the tips.

img_0936.jpg

img_0939.jpg

If you zoom into the wing proper, you'll be able to see the glue spot bumps and filler mounds. blush

I really enjoyed the covering though. The Junior 60 was done with a travel iron. This was done with a Prolux iron and a Black & Decker variable power hot air gun. Both worth every penny.