Dawn Patrol WW1 air to air

• 1 year later...

Superb, the 'pilot's eye view' is so realistic, very absorbing to watch. Its like the pilot is glancing all around for bandits and having to look through gaps in the airframe structure to follow them... brilliant.

I'd be interested to know, for the formation shots, how is the camera used in flight, does the camera-aimer call to the pilot or does the pilot actually fly FPV?

Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil

Well long time since I watched this vid meself,

the pilot eye footage is courtesy of Alan (pup cam) Bithery,s excellent Pilot Cam, which is basically an FPV system that is mounted into the pilots seat and can be fitted to most any of our models, the model is flown conventionally and the "pilot" controlled via a second TX using FPV to see whats going on, so we could actually give you a "flight" in a WW1 plane I suppose hmmmm!!!

chris

ps for the quick of eye you will spot at about 5mins a small flying wing lower left, this was another FPV camera equipped model used on the day for aerial shots by the camera crew.

Edited By ceejay on 21/09/2015 08:45:27

Having never flown FPV I don't really know, I imagine it would be quite intense as you would need to be constantly looking all around you, much like full size I know, but in amongst a group of models hmmm , I will leave that to someone braver than I, you would need a first rate spotter with you, Hi! John!!!

chris