Traplet Farmhand 90

Note the short section of spar between the root and second rib. This allows a full section of wing to be removed, which lines up with the toffe bomb chute, so that the sweets fall through the wing. I won't be doing this, but I added the spar anyway as it adds strength at the root, where it's most needed.

dscn2672low[1].jpg

While the wings are drying - a bit more work on the fuselage.

6mm balsa sheet added. Note that I have inlaid a section of 6mm ply into the rear part of the roof (centre between the two blue clips). This is to give a strong area in case I decide to add a tow release at a later date.

Rear and sides and front roof supports of the canopy glued and taped into position.

dscn2676low[1].jpg

Posted by Gary Manuel on 08/04/2014 20:36:14:

Maybe it's because they are so ugly that owners put a paper bag over them in public wink 2

Fancy building a ugly plane, Must admit it`s growing on mewink

KF - yours looks good toosmiley

The designer recommends setting this servo box into the fuselage top here. The triangle behind is the tail fin strake. The idea is that the servo fits into the box, with the servo arms just clear of the tail. The strake is then just tacked on over the top of the servo arms, with a small slot cut into it to give clearance. Problem is that if you ever need to get to the servo, you need to take the strake off first. I don't like this.dscn2686low[1].jpg