Why am i Chipping in ?

• 3 weeks later...

I see everybody is getting a bit fired up again now it's getting to the interesting bits. I spent the afternoon helping my lad build a model of the local scout hut for his school project. Doesn't look as good as you're fairing but I had to let him do some of it. wink

I seem to remember sanding all my riblets down to fit the outline which was a bit frustrating but they ended up ok, I think I got lucky. Still made them too long though and had to pack the tips off by 1/16th

Won't take you long to make another set though the speed you build.

You will get this right John. It's certainly a build that makes you think and re-consider as you go along. I've been trying to work some of this out in my head (inevitably a slow process) but now have a chance for some real building time over the next four days, so hope to show some real progress by early next week. That is if I don't mess up.

Well... I like to think I can do it and I do enjoy it but I wouldn't have the patience or the dexterity to go to the same lengths that Danny does and I have never tried anything on this scale before. But having got this far I think we're both going to have to give it a go. It can't be that hard surely wink