Hi forumites, Puppers calling ...

Pup Cam

Pup Cam here. Some might already know me, for those that don't I'm into scale aeroplanes flown in a scale way particularly WW1. An as yet non-flying member of the Dawn Patrol group. Non-flying? That's 'cos I'm a slow builder but one day my Tripehound will fly! I've joined up to come and see Jez's Pupfoolery - isn't it looking great!

Alan

Thanks for the welcome chaps and hello to all the rogues I already know!

Sorry, I won't be doing a build thread on here - one full jobbie is enough and it's well established elsewhere but I will post a few photographs of the beast as it progresses in eager anticipation of it's maiden flight in the capable hands of Captain Reg (but don't hold your breath!)

Oh yes, by the way, I'm the Dawn Patrol's "Shuttleworth liaison man".   As CeeJay might have said we like to support organizations that play an active part in preserving full size versions of "our type of aeroplanes and related items" .   We are booked in to support two full size displays so far this year;

1) The "Up close and personal" show in July which will feature amongst other things Reg's Flea along with it's friend , Richard C-P's 60% English Electric Wren for a potentially unique photo opportunity with the original and maybe with a special twist   together with static DP aircraft including the Tripehound if I can get it in the car!

2) The main WW1 commemorative event in August.   I think I've got 23 WW1 DP aircraft on the list for this one so if you want to take  a closer look at all that wood, wire and fabric that will be a great opportunity and, of course, a typically fantastic Shuttleworth display to boot.   Here's hoping for the weather!  

Alan

Edited By Pup Cam on 18/06/2014 21:10:41

Edited By Pup Cam on 18/06/2014 21:11:56

Hi "Percy",

I'm an SVAS member too although not a volunteer at the moment - no time for working, building Triplanes and volunteering .

With regard to the Collection's Tripehound; Sir Tom himself said it wasn't a replica it was a "Late production" standard. If it was good enough for Sir Tom it's good enough for me - it is a Sopwith Triplane!

The prop isn't far off scale size but it's a bit big for the Zenoah even with the reduction drive. It will have something like a 30" diameter prop for flying.

"Oh, and yes I remember you well from another forum......... I use a different moniker here though" - oooh, mysterious! I wonder who you are there then?

Alan

Posted by Pup Cam on 21/06/2014 21:50:57:

"Oh, and yes I remember you well from another forum......... I use a different moniker here though" - oooh, mysterious! I wonder who you are there then?

Alan

Hmm, intriguing... "Percy's" avatar (lack of) pic doesn't help work out who he is "over there". Not that that would necessarily help - I see that your avatar pics here and there are different... smile d

Posted by Percy Verance on 21/06/2014 21:59:07:
I felt the least I could do was offer a little financial support. Anyone who calls himself an aeromodeller really needs to grace the hallowed turf of OW...........

Absolutely and, of course, join the SVAS.

Would that be 215 miles in a NW direction by any chance? Flight Link mean anything ....

Alan

Posted by John Privett on 21/06/2014 22:02:58:

Hmm, intriguing... "Percy's" avatar (lack of) pic doesn't help work out who he is "over there". Not that that would necessarily help - I see that your avatar pics here and there are different... smile d

Yes, the other love of my aeromeddling life - The Chilton DW1 and the DW1a another fabulous little aeroplane.

Rather conveniently there's often 2 of them cavorting round the OW sky smiley

Alan

Posted by Percy Verance on 21/06/2014 22:16:51:

It does indeed Pup Cam. Flight Link Sovereign....... And yes, Lake District......

Obviously a bit of an Inspector Clooso..........

Just come back from my first visit to the Lakes a few weeks ago - what a stunning place! I'll be back.