Phil finally building the DF

Phil Winks

Posted by Phil Winks on 10/12/2014 20:26:57:

The rigging is structural and those turn buckles give me 1/4" adjustment either side of centre so as the wire stretches, as it will slightly it can be still tightened back up, the flying wires are fitted in much the same way to the underside of the fuselage but with a 5mm bullet connector let into the undercarriage block much as someone else did, I forget who, but a cracking idea so thanks whoever you are.

You're welcome Phil! wink

Good luck with the maiden. Been waiting a long time for this one. yes

I came across a problem this morning, I decided to get the engine tuned ready for its maiden and found my remote connection for the glow was causing a lack of power to the plug, I can only assume that my glowdriver doesn't have enough ooomph to supply the required amps through the length of lead required to allow it to be plugged in behind the wing, as turning the aircraft over and plugging directly onto the plug and she starts nice and easy, however starting like this is not a comfortable experience so to overcome the issue I've sent for an "on board glow driver" that uses the 1000mah flight bty as its power source and is switchable from the tx via the hitherto unused gear channel so that should sort the issue.

Also this morning I've got all the throws and mixes set, I've set 1 mix to aileron/rudder, and because I'm using dual aileron servo's I have, what will almost certainly be unused, a flaperon option. A double check on the COG shows her as previously reported spot on Lindsay's reccomendation with both full and empty tank, that's the real reason I got it right over the COG despite the problems it caused with altering the main spar and dihedral brace.

Finally she tips the scales at 3.27lbs un-fuelled so not far away from Lindsay's design weight.

Oh and thanks Chris, for the life of me I couldn't remember who I'd seen using bullet connectors for the lower rigging.

Edited By Phil Winks on 13/12/2014 15:58:55

• 1 month later...