2 questions really

image.jpgimage.jpgHello chaps,

2 questions!

Firstly, I have had this FMS LET 13 for a while now, flies nice even in a good stuff breeze, (although the instructions were less than clear and I had to add weight in the nose to balance when it stated batt position would do it).

well after an unplanned rough landing (down draught I think) well that's my excuse! the wing on one side has a partial split at the root, would a suitable foam safe glue and a reinforcement with glass fibre tape do it ??

second question, I purchased this E-Flight Adagio 280 today, I love the look if it, didn't notice till I got home that the AR6335 nano lite rx that comes with it has built in "AS3X" technology?

not much info in the box so I googled it and whilst on the one hand I see it being a good thing, on the other I can't help but feel it may rob the pilot of absolute control?

any opinions from peeps who have used this are very welcome!

thanks in advance chaps

Firstly, the repair. Z Foam is stated as NOT needing foam safe CA, viz from HH:-

"Glue Do’s and Don’ts:

When you start to assemble your Foamy, the choice of glue is very important. Also, from time to time, you’re going to crash your Foamy or you might have a rough landing. It happens, but in an overly rough situation you could cause actual damage to the wing’s leading edges or other parts of the plane. In a pinch, you could glue it back together, but be careful. The chemical make-up of the material used to make foam does not react well to CA (cyanoacrylate) glues, and if you use the wrong kind of glue the results are not pretty. The glue you use must be foam-friendly or odorless, such as the 1-ounce bottle of Foam Compatible CA from E-flite, available in thick or medium viscosities (EFLA206 or EFLA209). Add a bottle of Foam Compatible Activator (EFLA207), or buy the combo pack (EFLA208), and you will have everything you need for assembly and repairs. However, planes made from Z-Foam, such as the ParkZone Typhoon 3D (PKZ4100) don’t require the use of Foam Compatible CA.  "

I'd try glue only initially as you can usually get a good repair which won't need ugly tape as well.

As to AS3X, whether you will find it annoying or too aggressive is up to you, your setup of it and your ability/flying style. I have a similar 3 axis gyro setup on a similar plane (Windrider Fox) and it is set so all it does is smoothes out buffeting and gusting, it does not "take over" or restrict. I have given this plane to other very experienced pilots with no warning and many have not realised it was assisted........but they almost all commented on how well it flew!!!

Edited By Dave Bran on 27/08/2014 07:35:25