aeriel video from my Radian powered glider

Got one of those key cam thingys today, so strapped it to my Radion and got 9 mins out of a 4gig card.

surprising thing is that although the cam weighs vertually nothing it did made the plane porpoise a bit, the further along the vid goes the better i am at stopping it, so some bits are a bit blurry but it's my first attempt.oh, and the time and dates wrong but pay no attention lol.

Edited By Wiltshire Flyer on 02/10/2014 00:19:28

WF

Nice video. Those 808 cameras are remarkable value.

I think you may find that putting a camera on a plane rather shows up how it is actually behaving. smile

I expect it always has porpoised a bit but from the ground you haven't really noticed.

As you have found out looking through the prop creates an interference pattern.

Pity the landing is not on the video - you can tell a lot about the pilot from the approach & landing! wink 2

Excellent vid, thanks for posting. I was thinking of doing exactly what you have done just today with my Radian! I have one of those 808's kicking around doing nothing. I bought it a couple of years ago thinking I could have fun with it, but never ended up using it.

I am however looking at alternatives though for the Radian with better quality, smoother HD video. Can anyone recommend a good quality decent light weight HD cam I can stick on for less than £100? I will be using my 808 as above though for now.