Sleeker single-channel model from 1968

thunderstreak.keith

There's this **LINK**

But as usual with much of the X List there's no pic and no info - in short, absolutely nothing to tell you if this is the "Sleeker" plan that you want, or something completely different thumbs down

An inquiry to the plans service, to check, might be worthwhile. I've had some success with that in the past, although it can take some time

apologies for not replying earlier, medical reasons.Anyway thankyou both,have checked the listings but as you say not much info given. The review does state its by Peter Cook and Maurice Ashby and is a larger version of the 24" sleeker using a cox peewee, so not sure iff the plan listed is this one or the 32" version.There is a small reprod. plan in the mag but is too small to read the plan no. Will have to get in touch with x-list dept. I think. Has anyone got a link to email them please? Thanks for the help keith

David, how about a re-release like you did with the superb "Simplex Pleasures" article?

A treat for single-channellers and an optional jellyvator for those who have yet to see the light?

Please at least give it a thought!

Don't worry about the plan, Ray will be along soon.  Ray is the Custodian Of All Things and will be magicing up a copy as we speak!   

Cheers
Phil

Edited By Phil Green on 17/11/2014 21:49:33

A nice old pic that turned up recently with dad and his pals at a single-channel spot landing comp, Sevenoaks club, Kent in the late'ish 1960s. Dad in the middle with the Tx and Peter Cook kneeling, not as caption. Model is a Simplex of course.

img_8851.jpeg

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 18/11/2014 10:03:50

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 18/11/2014 10:06:16

Hi guys, 1st, thanks kev b pm sent. This little oldy has stirred a bit of interest up I see. good, as I have just received my balsa/ply/tissue bundle from the lovely girls at balsa cabin so this will be a winter build definately,providing the plan comes through. I have scanned the article (below) from the rcme mag may 1968 if anyone is interested. my .049 (currently in the front of a TOPPER) which is from my cox fledgling c/l. mini servos for rudder/elevator.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, still trying Phil. I got a plan and we had a chat over it. He said he designed the model and Peter built the first one. There's a shot of him launching it in the little hardback Radio Control manual that was published at around the same time (the one with the unusual NASA-type models in the desert on the cover) in an article by Dave Bishop on single-chanel comps.

He showed me a fus' plan for a larger version he designed (wing never drawn) but......I couldn't quite persuade him to build one I'm afraid. He's quite keen on indoor models at the moment.....

I haven't given up....and I did get a copy of the plan for me too.

anyone know if i can email x list plans service please? if so whats the address? they could have it, i enquired a long time ago for a plan for the stalwart ( its an amphibious 6 wheel vehicle i used to drive in the early eighties) and i did get that one. and thanks kev b got that but i`ve lost it, could you resend please ? really want to build this 1.

• 1 year later...