Crescent Bullet Owners

Jack Banner

Cheers all.

I ordered an NTM prop drive 3548 900kv motor from hobbyking, unfortunately the Turnigy plush 100a ESC was out of stock at the UK warehouse, so I need to look for a large ESC from somewhere else that will hopefully run cooler.

I now intend to fit steerable nose gear (it goes in the direction it landed at the moment!) and will make another cowl with better airflow somehow! I bought some nice SLEC air intakes at a show recently, I may get a couple more at incorporate these!

Ian

Well, I'm kind of stuck with an 11" prop. I may be able to squeeze a 12" on, but it'll be close to the ground.

I used an 11x7 and an 11x5.5 with the Turnigy 1100kv motor, 11x7 pulled too many amps, 11x5.5 was fine on amps but was down on thrust.

The kit recommends an overlander 4240 890kv motor with an 11x7 prop, so I'm hoping the NTM motor will work. A larger prop would make life a lot easier!

Ian.

The UKCAA has a 'do' at Watford Wayfarers MFC. You don't need to be a UKCAA member (I think) but you will need to notify the management if you are planning to turn up.

Please PM me if you would like to attend and I will provide you with the contact info. UKCAA members should already have received their newsletter with attendance info.

Best wishes

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have to report that my Bullet bit the dust on Saturday. I was practicing spins and failed to recover from one in time. It's a bit annoying as that is the second plane I have lost when I couldn't end a spin, pure pilot error though. A further irritation is that I couldn't find it in the corn field either so have lost the engine and radio gear, for the time being anyway. The farmer will probably find it when he harvest in a few weeks!

I was enjoying the plane so much that I ordered a new kit when I got home. I think I will try glassing this one and have either an ASP 46 or West 36 v1 with tuned pipe to go in it. Any recommendations on which would be best?

Sorry to hear about your Bullet Jack. I binned my AcroWot yesterday - looked like a systems failure again - flying happily for a few minutes, Split S then the model just went out of control, no response whatsoever so I am feeling a bit glum as well. However, the built up wing is recoverable, just needs a new fus, tail and fin.

Regarding the engine, the West combination sounds like it may be more fun but I have no experience of this motor although I have seen them in action.. They can be very quick

Martyn

Sorry to hear about the Acrowot Martyn, radio failures are one of my least favorite ways to loose a model.

I think the Bullet will fly well on either engine for sure but I would need to rotate the engine mount or buy a custom manifold to run the pipe above the wing, so it didn't make removing the wing difficult. Leaning to wards the 46 for that reason at the moment. I can then put the West in a funfighter maybe. Ah decisions, decisions

That is certainly a possibility Bob, the ASP46 with a mini-pipe would be fun! The owner of Weston UK recommended to me that I run the 36v2 with the tuned pipe, ideally, as that is what it was designed for, and I like the idea of it on a Cambrian funfighter TBH. i am off to look at mini pipes

I think it is a different engine that they recommend for the cougar Bob, the West 36T2 vs the 36v1 I have (which is recommended with a tuned pipe for their tiger shark mini. I mistakenly called it the v2 earlier.

http://www.westonuk.co.uk/westonuk2_021.htm

Either way it is going to fly but I think I have set my mind against having a tuned pipe on the Bullet. I am keen on the ASP 46 with a throttle pipe or maybe one of the J'EN/CVEC Mini Pipes from just engines. I will probably fly it with the stock silencer in any case and then see what I think.

Got to build it first, of course

• 3 weeks later...