Crescent Bullet Owners

Jack Banner

• 2 months later...

Hello Ian ,

Thats fine . I fly two one with an Irvine 40 (lighter build) and the other all glassed and basically weighing several bricks (I bought it for a £10 at a recent swap meet) is fitted with an Irvine 53 . Can't comment on prop, as you will need to match it with your engine.

My electric PB Bullet (now no more thanks to a radio glitch) flew very well on a Hobby king G46 550kv on 4swith an APC E 15X8 .(Even better on a Hacker A50-16s on 6S - I had a minor issue with a hard landing and had the hacker in my spares bin prop was 17X8 or 10 )

Best of luck.

Hi

Bigger nose wheel looks odd, may replace all with a slightly larger wheel.

Had 2 overlander and one turnigy, I balanced and checked the prop and used an unbalanced irvine spinner. The last (Turnigy) motor failed at over 3/4 throttle so I reckon something was out of balance-perhaps the prop mount was or perhaps the prop was rotating at too high a speed?? Anyway, after 3 motors, 2 spinners and 3 prop mounts I give up!

I've only flown the bullet a handful of times and it flies really nice, it would be a shame to leave it on the wardrobe!

mine flies very well on an OS 40fsr but I have now fitted a Just Engines purple pipe hoping to get the noise down its running at 11k on the ground on a 10x6 so I can put a 10x7 maybe 10x8 in the air,i to have prop clearance problems that's why iam going the pipe route I have not flown it yet.

Getting back to a 45 I personally think its to much !

• 2 months later...
Posted by Hangar 9 nut on 26/10/2015 20:21:39:

mine flies very well on an OS 40fsr but I have now fitted a Just Engines purple pipe hoping to get the noise down its running at 11k on the ground on a 10x6 so I can put a 10x7 maybe 10x8 in the air,i to have prop clearance problems that's why iam going the pipe route I have not flown it yet.

Getting back to a 45 I personally think its to much !

Now I'd agree a 61 would be too much but a 45 is absolutely fine. It's not a huge jump up from a 40, honestly! It does allow you to turn a bigger diameter or higher pitch prop at lower revs which keeps the noise down.

Re the pipes, I have Genesis pipes from Just Engines/Weston UK on an OS 61SF and an MVVS90, both get under our 80dBa club limit. I think they are both around 10k on the ground, maybe a bit less. It's a long time since I checked them.

• 3 weeks later...

hello ian...all the 2...4st engines i've boxed in over the years ..i have done allowing the engines room to come out....fully cover the blind side..and the engine side do with enough space to get the engine in out..sometimes a bit of a fiddle.....leave enough balsa to follow the lines of the nose etc...but hollow out enough to get the engine out....access to the screw/bolt heads...and room at the prop driver hole to get the driver through.... or box it all in and only remove the balsa should you need to get the motor out.....

ken anderson...ne....1 engine bay dept..