Soar Ahead Sailplanes to continue supplying

This taken from a FB page today by Marco Ter Beest which I thought needed sharing for all you slopers out there.

You may have heard the rumors about Alan Head winding down his business and no longer producing the S.A.S range of slope soaring models.
Well I didn't want to see this great piece of UK model aviation history fade into obscurity. So I have been in talks with Alan and he has agreed to let me take over production of his range of EPP models.
I will be commencing production in late March early April this year and will be offering online ordering via a shiny new website.

Steve

A470soaring.blogspot.co.uk

Posted by kc on 14/01/2015 15:54:54:

It's Marco Ter Beest who is taking over production rather than Steve isn't it? Or have I got it wrong?

Well done kc. This is the second forum where the bearer of the news has been credited with the acquisition.

Perhaps is would have been clearer in both cases to have used quotes.

Rob

Posted by TigerOC on 14/01/2015 16:03:02:
Posted by kc on 14/01/2015 15:54:54:

It's Marco Ter Beest who is taking over production rather than Steve isn't it? Or have I got it wrong?

Well done kc. This is the second forum where the bearer of the news has been credited with the acquisition.

Perhaps is would have been clearer in both cases to have used quotes.

Rob

Perhaps forums should be upgraded to ETSI 328 1.8.1 so that LBT was always applied to posts. teeth 2

• Haha 1

I think PatMc's joke was based on the discussion on latest 2.4 rules but he seems to have picked the wrong items to quote! Did you mean to quote Roy Davies who got the wrong idea? Look Before Transmitting perhaps?

As I understand it TigerOC was confirming I was correct - meaning Marco Ter Beest is taking over production. I wonder if production will still be in Britain?

Posted by kc on 14/01/2015 17:56:42:

I think PatMc's joke was based on the discussion on latest 2.4 rules but he seems to have picked the wrong items to quote! Did you mean to quote Roy Davies who got the wrong idea? Look Before Transmitting perhaps?

As I understand it TigerOC was confirming I was correct - meaning Marco Ter Beest is taking over production. I wonder if production will still be in Britain?

I quoted the right items, KC. I was agreeing with them & emphasising TigerOC's point.

Ok, let me clarify things as I made a boo boo also.

The Facebook post was made by Marco Ter Beest but, it is actually a gentleman by the name of Nicolas Robus as I understand it who has taken the initiative with Alan Head.

I also understand that RCM&E's own reporter, Andy Ellison has been in contact and will be reporting on this subject for the magazine.

For those of you who are interested in following the story, you can find it here on Facebook

Steve

A470soaring.blogspot.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of SAS model's, I've just acquired a used SAS Aztec as part of a job lot on Ebay. It has a Duralene fuselage and appears to have a removable tail group. The wing is foam core veneered and is swept back.

My question is re the correct C of G for the model as I believe that the sweep will effect the normal 1/3 chord starting point. Any pointer would be appreciated before I chuck her off Westbury White Horse or Frocester Hill!

In addition to the Aztec the lot included a fully moulded glider,a Chris Fosse glider, a 2 ch glider, a Zagi and an un-started Chris Foss Middle Phase KIt. The real surprise was the MPX RX-7 RX that was buried under the packing tape in the Zagi. Not bad for £40 all in although some of the glider are in need of TLC.