Events Format

Sam Wragg

I'd go for the non-competitive schedule Sam. The models were designed for this, it gives people something to aim at with their flying and adds purpose to the same.

If you remember at Grimsby last year, people who had not tried it before had a go, enjoyed it and Minty recently entered a Clubman class at Skellbrooke and came second with his Pacemaker. Not bad for a 35 year old design.

Come on people, the schedules are there and, as Geoff Franklin used to say, 'it's only a bit of fun matey!'.

Steve

BTW, no pressure on people to do so, these events are for everyone to enjoy.

Edited By Steve Dunning on 23/04/2015 04:17:53

Fully agree Steve.

I think we fly at least one non competetative round with the pilot flying the schedule of their choice (no judges) after all we do it for fun and enjoyment and it puts no pressure on the pilot if they choose to elect to fly a schedule.

Personally flying a set schedule of manoeuvres is better than flying around aimlessly and inproves your abilities

I also think this format will give us credence when we fly at the Host club

The floor is open to debate

Sam

Yes I would say one flight line to avoid distractions and I think most clubs would only permit one line.

I'll volunteer my services to be caller / helper / advisor if it helps

I would think on average a schedule would only take around 5 mins, so shouldn't take too long.

Sam

Yes I would say one flight line to avoid distractions and I think most clubs would only permit one line.

I'll volunteer my services to be caller / helper / advisor if it helps

I would think on average a schedule would only take around 5 mins, so shouldn't take too long.

Sam

Posted by Andy Green on 23/04/2015 10:00:11:

I too vote for an informal schedule. Would appreciate a caller but no judges.

A

" Advisor - Mentor -Observer " are possibly more genteel way of putting it Andy , there is a wealth of experience within the UKCAA to provide just that .

Nobody is on trial , but you are testing yourself , and it may help to try and adopt the mindset , pre - flight, that you are actually only competing with yourself , since you can have no influence on the other pilots at that time. nor they - you. so why sweat , you will always want to do better .for your own sake.

Friendly Critics smiley. since a few check - sums and scoring protocols have to be in place if only as a guideline to anyone's progress.

Though the best Flyers are not always the best communicators , there are plenty here who are pretty good at both .( I do not include myself)

Maybe an intended base - schedule could be published ?

I only have personal experience of " trying" to fly the turnaround manoeuvres, which I vastly prefer , and it saves time and fuel .Not that I have any competitive experience in pre - turnaround.

AS always , when the flag drop's the Bu......t stops , and it is entirely natural to have a few wobbles stood in the Pilot's Box. talk is cheap.

May I mention that , as purely an observer , the recent Skelbrooke event whereby Minty chose to expend some wonderfully aromatic fossil - fuel, surrounded by a veritable plethora of bunny huggers , the whole event was a very friendly , low key and laid - back affair , which although they ( the Pilots) are most certainly being " judged " must have helped.

The key point being there are Members , Flyers , and...... "Judges" who know how to talk to people , and have the relevant bona - fides , given the chance.

* Sam has put first - foot forward , and like S.D says , you need only ask .

It's the subterranean loops with half - roll that confuse me.

Absolutely agree to having an aim in your flying ( which is far from a boring routine) gives most flyers a new impetus , and generally stops the " what shall I do next " lethargy.

Each to their own.

Cheers.