OS40VF FIRE

Martyn K

Thanks

But I am looking for something where I can bury the pipe in the fus. The Atlas 40 looks like a good option and Sam has just completed the big brother... It would make an interesting comparison

Atlas 40

Any other suggestions? Really needs to be a pre 85 design if possible. The Jetta looks like it could be modified to have the engine mounted upright and the pipe routed above the fuel tank..

However, I cant find the plan for the Atlas 40... Anyone got a copy they could share. Note, this is different to the RCM&E Mini-Atlas which is designed for a sidewinder mount

M

• 2 weeks later...

Martyn,

Just wanted to drop a quick line to let you know that I replied to your email regarding the Arrow 40. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

There are a couple of references in your posts to Matt's Atlas 40 but I believe you are referring to his Arrow per the picture you posted. I'm sure others understood this too.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David

PS Nice Aurora build!

Edited By David Oxilia on 22/09/2015 16:20:12

With Martyn's encouragement, I have decided to forge ahead and complete my CAD re-design of the MK ARROW 40. The design is essentially complete but it has not yet been laser cut something which will be done in the coming weeks. Typically I cut a prototype and then I see what, if anything, can be improved or corrected after which I have a number of kits cut from the revised version.

I will be shipping Martyn one of the first kits but wanted to let my follow classic aficionados in the UK (I'm based out of Canada) that Arrow 40 kits will be available in the not too distant future. The model will be an all wood frame-up per the original MK kit but has some refinements making it a little easier to build as well as a tad lighter. Per the original, a glass fibre deck is also available to complete the model and if you were to build one with a tuned pipe, its the suggested way to go. I should point out that while a RE engine is ideal, this design doesn't require one. The pipe deck and right thrust that is built into the design/model allows a SE engine to also be used with a close fitting header passing into the deck. This opens up the options for engine choice significantly. Naturally, a muffled engine can also be used if this is your preference.

The Arrow 40 with a piped RE engine like the OS 40/46 VF or YS 45 FS/FR makes a fantastic classic combination but another impressive match would be an engine such as the current OS 55 AX!

If anyone is interested in a kit, please feel free to drop me a line via PM either here or via my RCU/RCG handle (doxilia).

Thanks,

David

Posted by Owdlad on 24/09/2015 09:00:01:

I have a nice magic 40 kit I'm willing to part with

Owdlad,

in the event that Martyn is not interested in your kit, I may well be. Please drop me a line via PM when you have a chance with some further info.

Thanks, David

PS I have not used PM on the UK forum before but I imagine it is similar to other forum sites.