UKCAA Montford Bridge - 27th September 2015

Martyn K

The next UKCAA event is back at Montford Bridge. This is a fabulous flying sight with a large grass area - or if you are feeling especially brave there is also the peri-track.

Guests of Shropshire MFC, Montford Bridge is located off the A5 to the West of Shrewsbury, Shropshire.

SatNav co-ordinates 52.747571 (N), -2.855067 (W)

Start/arrival from 10:00am finish about 4:00pm. This was a cracking day last year. More details to follow.

Martyn & Steve

I think that would be absolutely fine.

Hoping for a good turn out. Weather forecast for Sunday is looking quite reasonable, better than average temperatures, light cloud for most of the day and with a light south easterly breeze.

No BBQ this time - if you are planning on attending, please bring sandwiches and something to drink.

The gate will be open from 09:00 but we are planning on starting at 10:00

See you there, hopefully another good day

Martyn

We are OK for disposable BBQ's. However, to save everyone bringing one, I'll sort out food (Burgers and Sausages and Buns) for everyone who lets me know (as we did for the Skeggy meet). This worked well.

Please let me know if you would like to be fed.

Martyn

Edit: You will need to bring your own drinks though..

Edited By Martyn K on 24/09/2015 09:56:04

A great day at Montford Bridge yesterday, we had about 10 members on the field for a glorious, warm, sunny day with copious amounts of Blue Sky. The weather Goddess is looking after the UKCAA again.

Just a few photos.

pict1752.jpg

Andy Green with his Wolfgang Matt design Safir, beautifully put together as usual,

pict1705.jpg

and in flight..

New UKCAA member Trevor Burgess made a first appearance and brought three models, an Adagio, a Tornado and a Lightning - but not the usual F3A version..

pict1708.jpg

With Adagio

pict1725.jpg

in flight

pict1728.jpg

and the Lightning

pict1717.jpg

A very unusual subject and highly aerobatic

Thanks to Shropshire MFC for hosting us and also thanks to Paul Bardoe for club liaison and Master of Ceremonies

Martyn