HD Key chain 16 video - paragliding French Alps

I spend a few weeks in France this summer mostly paragliding, and shot this with a key chain cam. I have a few GoPro type cams now as well, but for the size and the money I'd say the little key chain cam is still one the best and most convenient for model flying videos. This one has a 0.67x wide lens stuck on the front.

Apologies as it's not model flying but my paragliding videos have been well received on here, so here is another! I had heights of about 8,500 feet and lift (ie thermals) of as much as 1200 feet per min. The thing that bleeps is my vario and the higher the bleep rate, the faster the lift. At times it was screeching. I landed in the end when I hit some nasty air on the top of a mountain. Video is a bit long, but hopefully engaging enough with my commentary to see it through!

Thanks Jo, and yes it can be dangerous. That's why when the going gets to rough for me, I land! Landing by the road isn't always the best idea really , it can be thermic and have a strong valley wind, and not always the best options for S ing off excess height. But it is easier for hitching back.

Car drivers in those areas are great for stopping. I don't think I've waited more than 3 cars for a ride. The flight where I landed in the valley, 1st driver who stopped dropped me at a village where he was turning off and the next car that came my way picked me up.

I enjoy flying models but it's hard to beat being in the air yourself and it's undoubtedly the cheapest form of aviation. Quite a buzz at times too. Awesome even. But sometimes scary too.