Wots Wot or a Wot 4 foamy?

Steve_Wright

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Had a real long lay off from flying and this still hasn't flown!!

If the weather ever improves I will get my eye back in on my Twinstar then then this thing in the air. Need to order a new decal set as they are lifting off it right now, can't fly a scruffy bird.

5 1/2 years later....it gets its first flight!

image.thumb.png.ace7c56a2e1586aa9d011414c105bf68.png

image.png.5a52a705f43dda9c120ae5494dce6c75.png

image.png.b6099dfaa7f801670fa3e72b3a8f0fb1.png

image.thumb.png.2b9f483f15a65ce6af31b5542203d747.png

Horses Have been good enough to munch a nice 30m2 down without leaving any horse eggs on it, popped up some fence tape to keep them away (not live) and flew a plank for the first time in 3-4 years. Tried a 2200 3s first...hmmmm, control throws were as per the book and CG was where is should but it was a bit pitch happy (may have been driver error). Spent 5 minutes doing touch and go's before landing and fitting a 3900 3s. Dropped all the control throws to 50% and with the extra weight up front it was a much more stress free flight, got 10 minutes on the 3900 and used 74%. I need to adjust the right will aileron a touch so I can dial out the trim I added but other wise it just went where it was pointed. It got a bit blustery towards the end of the fight so had a few goes to land it (rusty driver again) but just floated down, this thing can go slow!

The 2200 was bought for this plane so I think I will get another and run them as a pair in 3s to keep the weight up a bit.

Next up, sorting my Wot4 XL.

Edited by Steve_Wright

Another couple of flights yesterday, 6mins on the 2200 used 60%, 9mins on the 3900 used 70%. 2200 pack is deffo a bit light and shifts the COG a touch rearward, not drastically though. I only use that pack on the WOT so may add a few stick on weights to it as the 3900 pack is spot on.

Edited by Steve_Wright
typo