RM Diamond

AlbertBallVC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I built a Flair Meteor 40 recently - with SC46. It goes in the car in one piece, is easily visible and quite fast. I agree - there should be far more of them around. I am working on a (piped) 40 version of the Hanno Prettner Mystic at the moment. Hopefully will make a kit for it through LaserCraft when done.

Martyn

Martyn, many thanks for posting this article. The explanation of the method of building the wing is is the best I've seen. I suppose that rather than using 1 inch deep pieces of thick (and these days expensive) balsa one could, at least with the leading edge, have a false leading edge of hard 1/8 balsa and then attach a strip of 3/8 balsa leading edge much narrower than 1 inch to complete once the wing is all glued up.

I'm about to start building a Tweedy Bird, a smaller version of the Dirty Bird and the plans look very similar. The construction notes for the Diamond will certainly be a help. The TB is for 400 watt electric power. I've had a lot of help from David Oxilia in Montreal in sorting out plans and ribs etc.