Chris's JP

Down to the final touches now and my printer is still in the naughty corner & not playing nicely! Still the new vinyl cutter is very good at producing letters and far faster than cutting them by hand!

img_20160107_020803.jpg

img_20160107_020718.jpg

I had already made the ejector seats, well 4 in total until I was happy with this shape, and the pilots arrived today freshly trained in Hong Kong so after a little brutal trimming out came the paint.

img_20160107_015510.jpg

One of the pilots hands was cut off just above the wrist and a hard balsa 1/8 sq peg glued inside his hollowed glove...

img_20160107_015438.jpg

A hole was then made in the cockpit deck...

img_20160107_015501.jpg

...and the pilots hand surgically attached to the aircraft with epoxy!

The two pilots heads were partially filled with 20 min epoxy then positioned the right way up in the cockpit. This way the epoxy will run down inside the skulls and pool on the balsa and when set will hopefully enable the pilots to resist the urge to escape in the event of a crash!

img_20160107_025352.jpg

img_20160107_025438.jpg

img_20160107_025537.jpg

Canopy was also painted but will need a little cleaning up before taping into position! G-FLYY is a Mk8 Strikemaster but unfortunately with a Jet Provost T3 canopy! Nobody will know!

So aside from the maiden that's about it. After seeing other JP's flying I can't wait to throw it off a cliff! laugh