Chris's Bella Ballerina HD

McG 6969

Hello again to all,

As The LotH’s Foundation remains a primary ‘sponsor’ of my ‘toyish’ behaviour, my basic wisdom suggests not to have further comments regarding Iris being a potential “danger on the dance floor”… angel

After the introduction to Pierrenstein’s basic history, I recently went on finallizing Bella’s ‘new’ pilot in command.

A few thin layers of acrylics, a bit of weathering for the jacket and cap, some pieces of shoe lace for the safety harness, a ‘genuine’ Svarovski on the left collet and some printed water tranfer to obtain the ‘final face’, aka ‘the mask’.

2663_finalpix_colombina03_900.jpg

Please, let me introduce Christa McGee, Petr Millarisz’s ‘fiancée’ that he married when working with her father in the States during Part 2 of the Official Bella History.

I guess - I'm pretty sure, in fact - that you all remember that Part? cool

Well, she is now very officially Bella’s Pilot In Command and her final weight - including the Svarovski stone - is just 21gr.

2659_finalpix_colombina05_900.jpg

Isn’t she a convincing Colombina? … wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Colombina Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 24/05/2017 18:32:55

Hi everybody,

As the end of the Bella build is very close now with a scale session remaining to have an idea of the final weight, with a motor test bench and a CoG balance ‘thingie’ to build as the ‘finger method’ doesn’t seem to work properly when done by this apprentice, I received some very nice and appropriate news.

The LotH’s Foundation is officially rewarding my dedication to Bella’s project with a pre-summer trip to Ouzo-land.

So I did spend the last days here in BE to accelerate my basic knowledge of some ‘kitchen’ Greek language…

My best approach so far is (phonetically) > “Dýo potíria lefkó krasí, parakaló”… surprise

… and I still really hope that the local Cretan people will be able to understand it as it is supposed to mean “Two glasses of white wine, please”… wink

Thank you for the great intermezzo-idea, Iris.

Hakuna matata & happy landings to all

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Kalimera Control

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for that wise advice, Peter & apologies for this (very) late answer but - rather unfortunately - we’re just back in BE(er)-land.

As it is a ‘low wing’, I will balance the Ballerina upside down in due time, but to be honest I’m not sure to understand the reason properly, except maybe in regard to some ‘pendulum momentum’ involved. No idea, really.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Pendulum Control

If youhave the CG above the pivot point that you are using to check theCGit will be almost impossible to find the exact point as the model will try to fall forwards or backwards all the time.

By having the fuselage below the pivot point it will hand down and you will find the exact point where it hangs level..

If you don't believe me just try it and see.

Apologies again for the late answer, Peter.

As Bella's build is completed now, I must say that I'm not logging in that often anymore.

But I do certainly believe you and will try it as soon as I've build a CoG stand, but at the moment I still feel like in 'Cretan Holiday Mode' and thus quite 'lazy'. angel

I will also have a final weight check of the completed Ballerina when I make it to La Grotte. Promised.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Lazyness Control

Hello to everybody still out there,

I thought I would share a little ‘souvenir’ I brought back from Creta as I think this picture tells it all: a lot of islands, splendid crystalline water, a typical local fishing boat - named a ‘trehantiri’ over there - and those omnipresent ‘greek blue’ colour accents.

trehantiri_iris_chris_900.jpg

If you have a close look at the pic, you will find the name ‘ΧΡΙΣΟΣ’ on the stern of the little barque. Well, it reads ‘Chrisos’ and just means my first name in Greek.  smiley

Funny touch, of course. But, by deduction, I guess you can all easily discover the name given to the ‘mastership’ at the left…  surprise

Anyhow ‘intermezzi’ are certainly very nice, but I guess I’ll have to get back to La Grotte ‘soon or later’ now.  angel

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Master Control

Edited By McG 6969 on 19/06/2017 19:28:09

Hi

Having seen Peter miller's comments about the mini squeeze bottles from Bang Good I looked them up and realised that I have been 'binning' 3 or 4 similar bottles every week for the last 2 or 3 years.

My wife is attempting to stop smoking by using a vaporizer and the liquid comes in similar bottles so I washed a couple out and re filled with aliphatic resin. Success! and they are free! So if you or anyone in your family is a 'vaper' 'recycle the bottles. and save money.

Hi Mowerman,

Glad to read that there are even 'cheaper' alternatives to the Banggood bottles. yes

... and just keep on 'recycle' them as they can be of use for several other modelling liquids.

As I'm building/assembling a high winged trainer at the moment, I already used some BG ones to apply tiny dots of Loctite Blue, to dilute epoxy with a few drops of Isopropyl and even to use some artist grade acrylic paint as Torque Seal (TM) for nuts & screws. angel

Thanks for commenting.

Hakuna Matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Bang Very Good Control

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy,

Surprised to have a visitor but thank you for the "witty' updates you are mentioning.

To be honest, as I'm not able to maiden the Ballerina, I just went on with my 'apprentice' schedule.

For my next 'flying trials', I assembled a Volantex Trainstar after reading about 150 reviews of it. So I modded quite a few things like a 40A ESC, MG servos, u/c reinforcement, laminating all flying surfaces, etc...

This is how the animal is looking. And 'Noo', it isn't mine as the deco scheme really isn't what I desired to have to follow up the Ballerina... wink

trainstar 1400mm.jpg

I thought for a moment to share that PNP experience here by posting a blog but with hindsight thought it wouldn't be that interesting as there aren't a lot of 'newcomers' in need for a trainer bird around here.

Now, when reading your post, I just remembered that I didn't even post the final AUW results of the Bella or that I even didn't post some pictures in the 'finished' Ballerinas thread. I'll try to find an 'intermezzo' moment to correct that. blush

I'm still planning to build the Svenson Vicomte next winter with a build blog in a Belgian & French forum (maybe a second blog here on RCM&E as well) and already subscribed to Danny Fenton's Masterclass with the Hawker Fury during the winter 2018, but as you probably know there are some lethal 'issues' with Traplet, so we'll see . I'm afraid I 'flushed' 207 euro when ordering the full Fury set... I must be totally 'insane', I know... surprise

Thank you again for your visit, Andy.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Insanity Control

• 4 months later...

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Well, no. I'm afraid the Bella is still a hangar queen. But then, at least that way she remains a 'queen'. yes

As I answered to Andy above, I took some flying lessons with the Trainstar during last late summer. But I'm still far from ready to maiden the Ballerina. Even the Trainstar seems a bit on the 'fast' end for my skills so far. But at least, it 's still in optimal condition with the mods I did.

I would very probably become a better 'builder' than a 'flyer'. blush

In the meantime, I'm completing the ChtiCat build. If you want, you can find the build thread here.

I'll now start my Vicomte 1916 build very soon after Christmas and will have a build blog here as well as I promised it to Mark (Elen), in addition to the Dutch & French forums.

I guess I must be somehow 'insane' to have a blog in three different languages...

Thanks again, Keith

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Maiden Control (?)