John's Ballerina Build

Sorry John, as I can't really be of any assistance here. blush

I would think that a 1000 KV motor spinning a 10x6 or 10x7 prop should be more suited to a 3S configuration.

But please, as I said wait for some electro-guru to give you the proper advice... wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Power Train Control

HobbyKing do a 3548 840kv as well as a 3548 700kv here, which might be a drop in replacement for the motor you are using. Either should be Ok with a 4s LiPo depending on the prop size of course. But as you say, dropping the pitch would probably get the amps down too. What is your objection to a smaller prop - just curious?

im the other way round with the little electric trainer im building i want the 3s as ive got lots of them and ive got the 3548 1100kv motor.i only need 300w so its way to powerful and a bit on the heavyside but as you say ive got it so im goin to use it,money dont grow on trees,plus i thought with motor extensions and the like it would end up the same sort of weight as a smaller motor.

• 2 weeks later...