Craig's first build Ballerina

I ordered my film from hobby king on Monday evening. It arrived today. I ordered bright silver and pirate blue. Not sure if they will go together but time will tell. The silver I ordered is almost like a chrome silver. Really bright. It seems thinner than the other hobby king film I've had before. When I finally get to the covering stage I'll let you know how it performs.

last web_145645.jpgWell, tomorrow I'm hoping to join the two wing halls together. I've raised the lower sheeting of the second wing, just waiting for glue to dry. So tomorrow I will join the two. I read is peters build log to leave rib r1 out until I join the 2 half's. Can I just confirm that I raise the last rib on each with by 1 nice to get the correct angle?

The idea of fitting the R-1 when you join the wings is this.

If you have already fitted it the chances are that you will not get a perfectmatch between the two R-1s. Gaps are bad news. TJhis way you get a perfect match.

The 2" support is out at the tip rib, That is the last full size rib on the wing., The comment"Last Whole Rib" could be miss interpreted.

Thanks for guidence and advice guys. I've fitied R1 to the half that is off the bench but have not fitted it to the other half. So hopefully I will be able to get a perfect fit when I bring the 2 half's together. I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow. 👌

Edited By Craig Thomas on 16/01/2016 18:36:19

Hi Craig
This is exactly what it is. Use a piece of scrap and the plan to make it. I use to do it with all my models
Even if you will follow Peter Miller's instructions and not fitting R1 until after joining the panels, the gauge helps you to adjust the upper spar more accurately