Andys 120% ballerina

AndyD

003.jpg002.jpgive started,slightly different to the plan build but with the same result,a pretty ballerina.enlarged the plan and changed things to suit my building,changing certain things as i go showing with a good plan thats theres nothing to worry about so have fun and a happy new year.001.jpg

used the core method so not to make it to light as i think she will be nose heavy,she will be electric on 5s.

motor will be 4 max 5065-410kv with 5000 5s batterys because ive got that setup although ive not used on 5s before so im thinking 15x10 prop as a starting point unless someone knows better,i have got a few 4000 5s batterys if needed,now off to find the motor,i took it out of a plane in november and now its vanished,new years resolution..i must tidy up.

the nose is taking shape now and work on the wings as started,the ribs are all cut out ready to start building,some wonderful building guys,you put me to shame,i dont tend to be precise thse days only on my spit,hence it never seems to get any further,even more so now im on the ballet,cant wait to start seeing some of these models finished.

on with the wings,so far so good,my garage not very good this time of year so my buildings in the kitchen,from one set of units to the other side unit so i can work from both sides as long as you dont mind bending to get from side to side.

not daft atall,untill a year or so ago i never used paper tubes for servo wires so i thought i give it ago as i useally just used a weighted piece of cotton to pull the wires through,with my normal building method of rushing things i got one or two holes slightlyout of align so i still couldnt use the tubes.so the last few models ive made i used a piece of copper pipe about a foot long sharpened like a hole saw,then put on a v block and just twiddle,all in line,proberly not the best or worse way but it works,also use the same idea for wing tubes as used on my silver boomarang jet shown earlier.for me i measure twice cut once an still get it wrong lol.

Wow - you are cracking on Andy!

A 120% never sounds that much bigger - but that is because its a 1-dimensional increase description of what will be a 3-dimensional increase IFSWIM! But it hits home when you look at those ribs on the wing dry assembly! They look BIG!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 06/01/2016 11:56:27

not a lot done at the mo,waiting for ribs and things to dry so i thought i have a weigh in.

motor...esc...batt...rx...servos x4...prop...=3Ib 8oz

tail/rudd etc...=4oz

wing...=1Ib

fuz so far...=10oz

=5Ib 6oz so far

only approx ,wing guestimate ond parts may change without notice,so that leaves me a pound to finish it.

covering...linkages...horns etc...u/c and wheels..pilot...spinner...got a nice alloy spinner that i was goin to use but i think thats goin to be out of the question now,think my original guess of 7Ib is goin to be nearer.

004.jpg003.jpg002.jpgas i was clearing up i put all the parts to one side,as it was the fuz was between the two wings,anyone thought of a bipe,(Mr PM) should of taken a photo,not as much as expected done t day other things kept getting in the way,better luck tomorrow.001.jpg