Andys 120% ballerina

AndyD

that would be something 200% 108 inch span go for it love to see that fly.

thx people was just trying to put across that worry can be off putting to new buiders,in my case in the early days igorance was bliss.

in the early 80s two flyers both built flair hooligans/like a wot 4 ,neither of them even got off the ground as they dropped a wing straight away,i was given one but never flew it as i didnt want to risk my gear,so much dearer back then or so it appeared.

003.jpg001.jpg002.jpgmy colour was decided for me,i already had it,cant remember what happened to the caravan man i think he was moved on,must check if the clubs still goin,25-30 years ago.

thinking of putting shoes on the beast,extra weight shall have to see what the final poundage comes out at.meanwhile the wings all but done,paint and linkages.004.jpg

Posted by Chris Barlow on 26/01/2016 18:42:42:

I was thinking boots too! Might be the way to go?

Me too - I thought it would be different! I've got several sets from ex-models, long and slim or short and fat.

How do the boots survive when the airframe gets trashed, yet snag them on long grass and they fall apart!

002.jpgi did think about a skid or a fixed wheel but before i knew it i was doing the steering type,the inner me took over like driving when you dont remember the last few miles,there is a word for it but cant remember...(sleep)..thats it.

a little each evening produces good results,without the forum i would sit and ponder what to do next then it would be to late and time for bed.001.jpg

007.jpg008.jpg009.jpgmotor bay damp proofed (i use emulsion or acylic artist paints,i used to use the same with my glow models with no problems) motor back in to check prop clearance,no problems there even with the 18 inch prop.its turning out very nose heavy,last photo shows balance position so far.010.jpg

need a rethink as you see from the last photo its not the best place for the battery.even if i put the servos in the tail its still tail heavy,should of made it a bit bigger.weight dont seem to be a problem as its at 6Ib 4oz less hatch and covering.