PSSA Chat

Phil Cooke

yeah glad their is excitement and hype about the Hurricane launch - we just need to agree costs and RRP with Sarik Hobbies and we are ready for launch - I will create a new 2018 Mass Build forum section and a launch thread just as soon as I have the final bits of info needed to allow you to place your orders!

All will be revealed shortly! thumbs up

• 2 months later...

I had seen most these before, but this BWB is a new one and quite a stunner.

nurf bwb.jpg nurf2.jpg

The model is not strictly speaking PSS as it is based on a concept drawing, but is a great achievement. This pic of it before the detailing shows that the layout is fairly straight forward, but the devil is in the detail with flying wings.

nurf4.jpg

I have the Island Models Aermacchi MB339, which I bought 2nd hand. The RX battery pack had only been glued to the inside shell of the fuse using hot melt glue, and it came away at the weekend when it hit a tump of vegetation and came to a sudden stop.

So, in order for the model to balance it will need to be fitted about half way between the fuse wing hatch and the nose tip. Any ideas how I could do this but allowing me access in case I need to replace the battery? Or am I better just slapping a bit of epoxy or more hot glue on it?

Aermacchi MB339 PSS

Here you go Steve, this is the way

battery tray 3.jpg

Here is the tray out of the fus - sized to put the battery where needed - note the bump stop, slots for a Velcro tie fix and the weight reduction holes! #overengineering

battery tray 2.jpg

The plate just fits in the wing bay - you guide the nose of the plate into the plywood rails I've mounted just ahead of the wing LE former... the 2 small self tappers at the back retain it axially...

battery tray 1.jpg

plate fully inserted with the battery way up front where its needed. secure with the screws and job done. I miss my Macchi I must build another it was such a superb flyer.

I posted this on the PSSA Facebook page, but it looks a bit lost there so I'll try here as well...

After seeing Mr. Meade's example fly so well on Sunday, has anybody got or know where I could get a copy of the Mig-15 plan designed by Neil McHardy please? I understand it was never published but several models have been built from it and I'd like to build one too! Ta!

I put so many other builds on hold for this one Hope to fly her soon, don't really mind where, but Si recommends Long Mynd. I don't think I'll take it to the Lleyn as there's other stuff I want to fly there and she does sort of limit what else I can take.

Edited By Andy Meade on 22/05/2018 21:25:03

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by John Harris 6 on 14/06/2018 15:38:23:

Hi all,

A newbie to PSS but not to slope soaring, I'm looking for a plan or power conversion project for later this year.

Has anyone any experience with the 72" Lancaster from Tony Nijhuis?

Open to suggestions if there is an alternative out there.

Thanks in advance, John.

welcome John,

How about try the PSSA Hurricane Mass Build? Loads of assistance to get you going.

Regards
Ade

Welcome along John. I now the bigger Lanc has been tried off the slope to good effect - the builder added another rib bay on the centre section to stretch the span a little, and it was maidened the same day as Matt Jones' big Vixen, if memory serves.

I'm sure the smaller one will be just as good, maybe with a similar modification? Most of TN's stuff goes well from the slope, just remember to keep the tail light, as you've not got any engines or motors out the front to balance it.

Keep us informed when you make a start yes