Drone or not a Drone

Both very neat! The hand launch on that Parrot drone looks like some I've done when the fuselage is covered in exhaust residue.

No wonder full-size pilots and security people are getting so wound up about drones with this rate of progress. I guess the next step will be an airborne signal relay drone to give decent transmission range on minimal power.

Posted by Robin Colbourne on 07/01/2016 01:14:59:

Both very neat! The hand launch on that Parrot drone looks like some I've done when the fuselage is covered in exhaust residue.

No wonder full-size pilots and security people are getting so wound up about drones with this rate of progress. I guess the next step will be an airborne signal relay drone to give decent transmission range on minimal power.

Has been done already. I've seen on the FPV forum on RCG a chap racing through canyons and around hills by using a quad that acts as a video relay that climbs above his intended path and sits there in alt and position hold. IIRC his control relay was on 900mhz & 1.3mhz, and the video relay was 2.4ghz & 5.8ghz.