Drones Public Dialogue

I was looking at the CAA website on drone regulations and was linked to this site.

It's a series of "public" workshops which states " These public dialogues involve discussions of participants’ understanding of drones and their current use – as well as their expectations, hopes and fears about the use of drones in the future." but they are all invite only, I hope the BMFA etc are represented at these workshops.

Not quite Gonzo. After a bit of discussion this is from Dan Clay, Director of TNS BRMB who are doing the consultation exercise.

Hi John,>>

Thanks for your email. I am involved in overseeing this project, which has been commissioned by the Department for Transport, Ministry of Defence and Sciencewise. This is not a public consultation exercise but rather a small-scale exploration of public views toward drones to understand current awareness and concerns. These individuals are reflective of the local populations from which they are drawn in respect of age, gender, ethnicity, education and socio-economic grouping. There will be a wider public consultation undertaken following the completion of this project. We have held events in 5 areas which are reconvened (i.e. the same members of the public attend multiple times), and are currently planning our third wave of events. At each event we have “expert” stakeholders that range from academics to industry to hobbyists to public services. Their role is to help answer questions that members of the public may have. These experts have been identified through the steering group for this work.

Do let me know if you have any additional questions.

In another email:

I can confirm that all the findings of the discussions held will be made public and that further input from all will be sought in the public consultation.>>

Note that they already include model aircraft hobbyists, so our area is represented and we will get a look in later on in the process.