A4 mass build Australia

top gun fam flight for tom cruise.jpg

Graham, did you know that a TA-4 played a very significant role in Tom Cruise deciding to participate in the movie TOP GUN?

Here's the story, from a local news outlet in Naples, Florida.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/local/on-30th-anniversary-of-top-gun--marco-man-recalls-flying-tom-cruise-around-in-a-jet-32838332-4220-36--379581601.html

Edited By John_Rood on 17/05/2016 19:43:31

Thanks for that link John, I had no idea about all that. life is fun isn't it ? you never seem to stop learning.

I have no pics at present but my TA4 is making progress, with a start on the wing skins now that the fuse is boxed up and nose and tail pulled together. I am trying to decide whether to add TE stock either side of the fin to give a little more room for the elevator controls and allow the area above the Exhaust to be closed in : a bit more scale,

It all seems likely to add weight tho' and we don't often have your 40 - 50 mph winds here 15 t0 20 is more common and I am worried that the A4 won't like the lighter conditions . cheers G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

good luck to all at the Orme tomorrow. Sorry I won't be there ,and due to work pressure I won't even have my T'bird finished for the Manilla slopefest where I will be from the 14 to the 18 of this month, I will have my Vampire and a pushy cat from Xmodels tho' so won't be totally PSSless. again have a great time and I have been impressed with the results so far as well as learning a few tricks. Thanks I'm looking forward now to the debrief. Graham

Graham, cheers! It is great you're doing a TA-4!

Here's a link to a conversation thread on my Facebook page that includes some just-in, hot-off-the-Orme early Saturday morning photos from our Fearless Leader Phil Cooke. Light winds allow time to snap a few photos! Wind is forecast to pick up later!

Tekkie note: I have the privacy set to PUBLIC; if you have a Facebook account, log in and you should be see 'em. Perhaps even if you don't have an account? Let me know how you fare!

**LINK**