Acro Wot mk2 artf electric advice plz

Tom Ling

2 minutes is not all that unexpected though perhaps a little short. What is the battery terminal voltage when you're drawing 45 amps?

You have a 4 AH battery (the voltage is irrelevant) and to a first approximation you can draw 4 amps for an hour or 40 amps for 0.1 hours (6 minutes). The batteries you have are claimed to be 25C which implies a capability of delivering a constant current of 100 amps but in reality batteries very rarely have a C rating as high as the manufacturers say they do when I check using my Wayne Giles meter, which measures battery internal resistance. I suspect you're dropping a lot of volts inside the battery (incidentlly heating it up) and the terminal volts fall enough for the esc to shut down.

In practice you won't be running flat out for 2 minutes so the duration would be a lot longer. The 2 props you've used will impose a similar load which is what you've measured.

Geoff

Glenn

Having just stepped up to the ARTF Acro Wot from a Wot4 foamie (and lots of practice on simulator). I am flying it with the recommended Quantum 55 600kv, but with only 4s 4250 35C and a 13x8 APC thin electric prop. It is airborne in 25ft, flys well, sports mode at 3/4 throttle and draws 39 amps when static at full throttle. Approx max 550 watts - up to 12 minute flights at average 60% throttle. Battery cold on landing.

For the Quantum 55 on 5s I think the recommended prop is an electric 12x8.

The high current on 6s suggests that you are using too "big" a prop. At 800 watt it should be ballistic at around 3kg weight.

My suggestion is to change your prop to an Electric 12x6 (APC £4.99 most places). You should be aiming at low 30 amps and getting longer flights.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Edited By Richard Ashworth on 06/12/2017 22:45:32

Edited By Richard Ashworth on 06/12/2017 22:48:03

• 8 months later...