Bobs dual build

Like the splitter fairings - I whimped out in the end and mine are very plain by comparison I'm afraid.

That glassed surface looks good on the wing - must soon be time for the paint! You must be confident and feel like you have plenty of time to hand if you are considering modelling your own pilot heads from Milliput! Impressed!!

• 2 weeks later...

Pilots are shaping up now.

pilot 1.jpg

I also drew up the decals I need for the two variants. Some tricky bits in there with the small type sizes, the supplier also provided a solution for the fine tail graphic, printed black on a clear film with cnc cut outlines!

skyhawk decal sheet.jpg

The only fly in my ointment is the mistake on the intake flashes.... should be 'Jet' not 'Air'!
Ho hum, no one is gonna read that at scale speed!

Edited By Bob Jennings 1 on 08/08/2016 09:02:47

I have my probes! Luckily I managed to make Subway straws work just as well as the McD prototypes.

probes.jpg

Still waiting on some Aeropoxy as an experiment over the Easy Cote.... so - on with the furniture and pilots!

Here's an easily made up seat, 1/8 balsa and some shaped 1/4 blocks.

seat.jpg

A bit of solder for the ejector handle, some Tamiya paint and a black felt marker and you can sit now sir!

As for the Pilots (I'm building two afterall)

pilots 1.jpg

Balsa bodies, Milliput heads and some Tamiya tape harnesses.

They look pretty natty under glass.

pilot under glass.jpg

Lots more little jobs to get done.

More later!

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of cracking on with the Sqawks...... not many build photos, I got carried away.
However, with my FAA version sporting a natty pair of cannons, I decided to get a couple of short lengths of fibreglass rod and some old electrical connector shrouds.
Drilled out the leading edge and hey-presto!

cannons 1.jpg

cannons 2.jpg

The rubber shroud makes for a flexy fit and should resist some of my rougher landings!