PDF Plans

Adam Colins 2

Indeed lots of good stuff on there.

I've had several plans, well, quite a lot more than several plans really, so much so that I felt that I needed to donate as I felt a bit cheeky taking loads of stuff but not giving anything back.

Glad to see that they are starting to make a business with the advertising and T-shirt selling too.

They have a sister website now that offers old modeller books and periodicals as PDF files for free download: **LINK**

old-time modeller books and periodicals, held online as PDF files for free download. - See more at: http://www.rclibrary.co.uk/#sthash.eBujjpwQ.dpuf
old-time modeller books and periodicals, held online as PDF files for free download. - See more at: http://www.rclibrary.co.uk/#sthash.eBujjpwQ.dpuf

• 1 month later...

Hi

New at this so please bear with me. I like some of the plans on the "UKCAA Planiography" How do I get them up to full size? Is there a service that does this?

Then can I send off the plan to get formers etc laser cut?  Same for foam wings, just send the root and tip aero foil / copy of plan?

All very basic to most of you but all my planes to date have come out of boxes with parts already printed or die cut.

Thanks guys

Edited By Stuart Z on 03/06/2016 06:15:35

Hi Stuart

Some branches of Staples provide a print facility from PDF. Most medium to large towns also have print shops that also offer the service.

Personally, I tend to tile print simply using the Adobe PDF reader print facility and select Tile Print (with cut marks) - make sure the scale is 1:1 and with care you can tape up the sheets of A4 to make a very workable plan.

Getting the parts transferred to CAD for a laser cutter is somewhat more complex. Companies like Elation Model (Steve Dunning) can cut a set of foam cores for a wing for you, Steve has many of the classics in his library and that would be a good start. For things like formers etc, simply trace the parts through to wood using Carbon Paper. Its quick and easy and very satisfying.

If you need to do a built up wing, let me know which model and I can do the DXF file for the wing rubs using profili

Martyn