UKCAA Watford - 15th May

Martyn K

First posting for the UKCAA Fly-in hosted by Watford Wayfarers on the 15th May 2016. More details to follow but attendees are advised that noise tests on all (ic) aircraft will be carried out - models that fail to meet the required Noise standard will not be allowed to fly.

Apart from the usual Fly-in events we are hoping to pilot (no pun intended) the OK Challenge - which means I have some work to do.

Please reply here or let us know by email if you are planning on attending.

email: [email protected]

Steve and Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

Update 1.

The suggested format of the event will be:

09:30-10:30 - Arrivals (Please note the (manned while open) access gate will be locked for the day from mid morning)

10:30 Pilots Briefing

10:30 - 11:30/12:00 - 1 round comp for Experts and Novices (if sufficient demand)

11:30/12:00 - 16:30/17:00 - Fly-in and OK Challenge

The club has a Gas BBQ, I will bring along the the usual Sausages and Burgers and Buns etc. so you will be fed.

Please bring your own drinks although there will be limited tea and coffee available.

Please can you let us know if you plan to attend and whether you want feeding. This is so that the club can plan for numbers and also we can let you know of any last minute amendments. I would also like to know if you would like to compete so that we can prepare score cards etc.

Guests (flying and non flying) are welcome but we need to notify Watford Wayfarers on your behalf

BMFA A Certificate required for Flyers. BMFA membership card will be required on the day

We will email you with directions etc. Please PM me with your email address if you are planning on attending. UKCAA members have been notified by email - please reply to that mail if you are intending on coming.

Best wishes

Martyn and Steve

Edited By Martyn K on 04/05/2016 13:48:32

Sam has asked me to post these images of his Magic that he will be bringing to this event.

The model is fully kitted out. Engine, pipe, servos and Rohm Retracts. Its was built professionally some years ago and has been in storage for over 20 yrs.

Offers will be accepted on the day if anybody is intrested in it.

Sam says he's too many planes/ projects and would like it to go to a good home and hopefully see it fly at these events

img_0087.jpg

Edited By Owdlad on 05/05/2016 21:10:23

I had been hoping to get to this one with the KingPin, seeing as its being held at my old club. Unfortunately a clash with an important family birthday (I have my orders!) means that I can't make it. Maybe next time?

Meanwhile, the Kingpin should get an airing at the Pontefract retro meet....

--

Pete

Regard Magic.

Sam has asked me to convey his sincere apologies as he is unable to attend this 'bash' or further events for the forseable future.

He has sustained a very serious back injury by falling off some stepladders while fetching a model down from his loft resulting in a 7 night vacation in Hospital.

He hopes to see you all at some point this season and hopes that everybody has an enjoyable day

Owdlad

Oh dear,here in Watford we all wish Sam a speedy recovery and hope to see him back soon !

Weather is good for Sunday with 4mph winds and sunny intervals the Barbie will be open all day for all to use along with paper plates and cutlery,tea and coffee will be available all day the land owner has give us the ok for the gates to be open all day we will man the front gate from 9 till 10/30 look forward to seeing you all for a great days flying and banter!yes

Sam has my sympathy as I know from hard experience how little emphasis is placed on back injuries by the NHSangry. For similar reasons I've not been active for the last year and don't expect to be active this year.

At least it looks as though the weather will be with you for the weekend. Have fun.

Yes - a superb day. Many thanks to Watford MFC and members for their kind hospitality. A lovely spring day with a tricky cross wind that caught a few of us out - especially on take off. Nothing got broken though...

Greg Butterworth has uploaded some really high quality photos on Facebook. These are 'Public' so should be accessible to non Facebook users

Here are a few of mine..

pict2042.jpg

The Bullet Appreciation Society. Minty, Shelly and Tony

pict2053.jpg

Group photo. 12 members and 20 Airframes. It was great to see members who had never been to a UKCAA event before.

pict2029.jpg

Peter Burgess' Adagio

pict2021.jpg

Barry Meredith's Wolfgang Matt Atlas - electric powered

pict2014.jpg

Shelly Redworth tying to get some more ooomph out of a twin plug Merco 61 (which in hindsight may have been a 49)

pict2016.jpg

Shelly's brand new and beautifully finished 'Magic'.

pict2036.jpg

Tony Bloomfield's Bullet

pict2017.jpg

Peter Burgess prepping his Adagio, the model featured in May 2016 RCM&E from a kit produced by Steve Dunning

A great days' flying...

Edited By Martyn K on 16/05/2016 11:32:40

Yes a great day was had by all this is the second time the UKCAA have visited the Watford club and it seems to get better every year, a friendly bunch of people who just want to build and fly these great planes from a fantastic era of rc aeroplanes from the aerobatic scene great day and great food too, thanks Martin !