Tonys ballerina so far

Hi All

Just thought I would upload a photo of where i am so far,I started at the same time as you all but as you can see still have a way to go.

I have progressed a little further than the photo shows , the elevators and ailerons are done the stringers are also in place on the main body . This is my first scratch build and was helped an awful lot by the mass build so well done to the people involved in the whole thing hope you do one next year. I will upload another photo as i progress further and then hopefully one at the end when finished.

Kinds regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

Just great somebody else is still busy with his Ballerina...

I'm still working on the fuselage only since the start but of course I decided to have it the Hybrid way.... maybe not that 'smart' after all for a first approachl... blush

Just keep on posting your progress, please.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Build Control

Hi John

Thank you

Up front will be I.C power unit not too sure what yet. I have a thunder tiger pro 46 or a Saito 52 4 stroke That will become available but it will be a little while before I fly it. its more of a future project

Regards

Tony

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there

Can you help please. I will shortly begin to cover parts of my plane and was going to go with the colour scheme that Peter has used, but am unable to tell how it goes under the plane, is it a plain white or even a red ? Any help would be great. Also while I am on here to those that responded to my earlier posts i have still not fully decided on the power unit but am leaning towards the saito . Thanks for your help in advance .

Kind regards

Tony

Hi Tony.

That is looking nice!

Actually it is red underneath. Dark colours show up much better and I like the top and bottom of a model to be very different so it is easier to tell which way up the model is after throwing her round the sky.

The bottom of the fuselage is white from the trailing edge of the wing back but the wings and tail are solid red.

Hi

John

yeah I went through all the pictures in the gallery to try and find a clue but there are no underneath shots thanks for your input .

Peter

Thanks for the the reply its not looking too bad but its not without some errors and oh no's along the way but its been great fun to do. Red it will be then, guess what I shall be doing later today lol

Kind regards

Tony

I've nearly finished my, too. There are so many bodges and 'OH NO's I'm thinking of calling it the 'Rough and Ready Ballerina' After all the get rounds, though, I'm surprised that it looks quite reasonable and I'm sure yours will too.

Just got the wing to cover (hopefully today) but the mountain cross-country Olympic race may interrupt activities a little. I'm quite a fan of the current road race world champion Peter Sagan who has opted ride a mountain bike this time but my PC is in the workshop so I'll cover and watch yes My scheme is also red and white but slightly different from Peter's. My wing will be all red underneath with black and white chequered wing tips. The only problem with different colours top and bottom on a wing is where you swap in areas like the ailerons but not too serious.

May be ready for a test flight on Wednesday.

Geoff

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

have uploaded a few pics as the plane has now progressed a bit more . In fact it is nearly there now just have the scallops to place on and the cowl to do and radio to install. I may just finish in time for next years mass build. note the wheels are only loosely fixed for the purpose of the photo

Kind regards

Tony

20161014_155548.jpg

20161014_155558.jpg

20161014_155611.jpg

It looks really good but you really should have fitted a colour matched engine mount cheeky. A lot of us have used a red/white scheme but they all look different - that's as it should be. You'll be chuffed when you fly it because they all perform brilliantly. Mine's just about my favourite model right now.

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

You can use quite thin acetate or similar clear plastic. The way it is held down makes it pretty stiff. Even the clear plastic off soem Cristmas carb boxes can be used.

I use three or four tiny screws (Model Fixings) AND Canopy glue, Pacer Formula 560 Canopy Glue is my favourite but Procan is OK, They dry clear .

Using this method you can stick your windscreen down to film without and trouble

Hi Tony,

If it can help you on the way, for the Bella, I used 0,5mm clear polyester (Vivak by Bayer from a craft store) but nearly any acetate would do if it's not too thin.

I made a cardboard template and added 4 tabs to be slit in the fuselage.

972_windshield_template05_900.jpg

When cut, I folded the stabs for about 90° to the inside. First you bring the front ones into position and then you bring the side ones in their slots locking the front ones automatically into place. I locked the side ones with 2 small pins at the inside. Et voilà... no glue involved & easily removable.

985_windshield_dryfit_900.jpg

The dummy styrene 'frame' is only there for aesthetic reasons. wink

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Aesthetic Control

Hi guys

Thank you for your input. knew i would find an answer on here. Chris I like your way of fitting with no glue for easy removal. I shall cut up a few samples over the weekend and see which way appeals.

John you were so right I have now put the scallops on to the wing and tail and it does make such a difference will pop a photo up when I can get some daylight to take one( dark evenings,, come back summer)

Thanks again for all the help

Kind regards

Tony

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Nearly there now, had some fun putting the scallops on decided that I would try floating them on, was not too impressed with my first attempt but the water/soap allowed me to peel off and re -position without much trouble. The second time I tried less water and more liquid soap this worked well, how I expected it too. All was going well it was positioned great and i was pressing it down with a tee towel when all of a sudden the whole thing just slid off lol. Still was impressed with the floating on method as with all things practice makes perfect (soapy water and sticky don't seem right does it but worked well and stuck great when dry) . Hopefully you can see the windscreen, the pilot is too order.

The motor has been run in now and radio is in place so a test flight soon. The cowling I think I may have a go at trying to fibre glass one. not yet decided fancy trying it that way something new to have a go at that might prove useful in the future.

anyway thanks for all the help its been a fun project

kind regards

Tony20161204_111649.jpg