?? wattmeter instructions??

Hi All. I have a Tornado hi amp 100 dc watt meter, the green/mauve one,but no instruction manual. The 4 sets of figures on the readout are a mystery to me with the exception of the total voltage. so what should be the readings for the other 3 using say a 3s 2200 batt. and 40amp esc.

Having been used to using Methanol as the Go Juice' changing over to Electric is a learning curve that is a bit sharp.

Many thanks in advance

Mike

Hi Mike,
At a guess I'd say the other 3 readings are the current being drawn in Amps - 'A' and
power in Watts - 'W'. These will vary with motor speed.
If the other reading is 'Wp' it will probably be peak power.

With your setup the current should be well under 40A max - with power under around
400W or so to avoid overload.

Edited By Richard Wood on 07/07/2016 13:35:19

I would guess the readings are almost certainly Volts supplied (in your case around 12 volts with a freshly charged battery); Amps ( around 30 flat out); Watts (350 to 400); and AH (amp hours which shows how much energy has been used - ie to deplete your 2200mA LiPo completely - or as much as is advisable - 1.9)

The most important reading to protect your drive train is the current, which should be well below the rating of the ESC. The second most useful is the power consumption (watts) which will give you an idea of the models performance. 100 watts/lb is often quoted as being amount for good aerobatics.

Geoff