Retford 24 July 2016

Steve Dunning

UKCAA event at Retford Model Flying Club

Sunday 24th July 2016

RMFC invite all UKCAA members to our event at Leverton. To help the UKCAA with planning of events all flyers are requested to sign in and show their BMFA insurance on arrival. A pit area will be designated for this event so equipment can be unloaded before parking. There will be free tea and coffee on tap all day with the club barbeque being lit about 1230 so bring your own food to cook.

Peg board will be use for frequency control so bring your own peg

Event organisers Chris Anderson

John Morton

Steve Dunning

It would be helpful if you could register your interest in attending along with your surname and location i.e. Mc Donald - Inverness. Please use my email, [email protected]

But if you do decide to come along on the day, everyone is welcome.

There is no entry charge but to help UKCAA funds it would be appreciated that a £5 raffle ticket is purchased by all flying members taking part.

0930 Pit area open - sign in

1000 Coffee and pilots briefing

1030 Not confirmed - Novice schedule none competitive

1230 Barbeque available please bring your own food to cook coffee and tea will be available all day FOC

1700 Event closes

Directions to our flying field can be found on the RMFC websitewww.rmfc.org.uk

retford mfc location.jpg

Hope to see you there

Steve

Hope to see everyone at Retford, we have a special day planned so come along and have a great day.

Minty will be organising the BBQ so you can watch this master chef in action. ( last year he only managed to burn a couple of burgers so there is room for improvement )

I will be bringing a Dalotel kit for sale to Retford I have held this kit for someone but had no contact from him so going to give the Retford pilots first option to buy,then going on e-bay if it doese'nt sell if interested pm me !

There are a new set of wings and the original set too !

Edited By Hangar 9 nut on 19/07/2016 22:20:25

Please have a look at the layout of the site for Sunday's event. If pilots could drop their equipment off in the designated area just pass the club house, then proceed down the track to park at the end of the field it would be appreciated.

You will note the provision of two starting boxes. This is to try to prevent any accidents occurring from starting in the model drop off area.

The weather is looking good so lets have another good day at Retford MFC.

Safe journey

Steve

ukcaa layout.jpg

Thanks to Christian and Minty for helping make it a successful day, putting up the netting,, barbecue, tea and coffee. Don't think Chris had one flight all day. Everyone went away happy after a great days flying, minimum of regulations, just those required for a safe days flying.

No mishaps, everyone's models went home in one piece and all the pilots won a raffle prize. Doesn't get any better than that.

Looking forward to the next one.

Steve

Thanks for a smashing day ,to all concerned . in no particular order . Steve, Chris , John.

Shame Owdlad was not able to attend , hopefully next time .

For what it's worth , though I have not been able to join the Classic Aerobatic Crew this time round due to personal issues , it has given me pause for thought ......

Rose tinted flying goggles are not always what they appear to be , but the sheer enjoyment of models , both pilot and spectator , that we will never see the like of again , coupled with those that are prepared to build and travel to fly them amongst like - minded persons , has to be something worth preserving in an increasingly robotised age.

Not wishing to take anything away from anyone else , all of whom displayed considerable skills with not always easy to handle Models , On a scale of Skill - Enjoyment ratio , though there were better pure technical flyers present IMHO - just , the Lady from Somerset way ? flying the Bar - Fli , amongst other Classics , got my vote.

For the Fox Bros, it was business as usual , and their fervour for this class of flying appears un dimished . I wish them luck with their new project , Lincs Aero - Works carry's on .

Everyone had a good giggle , often at themselves . It don't get much better than this.

To the Persons putting the graft in preparing the Flying site , who work tirelessly in the background each week , including Mick .C & Dave . N

Good on yer Guys.

Cheers. P

A very very big thank you to all who attended ukcaa retford today. I would like to think that everyone had a good time - i know I certainly did!.

Many thanks to retford's club for the use of the field and facilities.

Special thanks to those who prepared the field - you know I know who you are. The field was a credit to you!

Minty.

A few photos from the day with more to follow.

dscf2297.jpg

Barry and Marion Meredith huddled under their sport brolly. Two Upset II, an Atlas and a Miss Norway, all electric powered.

dscf2299.jpg

Upset II with Atlas in the background.

dscf2300.jpg

Paul Bardoe made it to the event. Taurus is now re-engined with an SC 52, replacing the Lazer four stroke.

dscf2302.jpg

Two visitors from the Beverley Club brought along a nearly completed Super Lightning. OS 61 RF is the engine. I had to look twice to see if it was paint or film covered. It was film covered to a high standard.

dscf2304.jpg

Partial view of the UKCAA compound. Starting boxes kept the starting of engines safe and away from other fliers.

dscf2310.jpg

A Curare utilising a GRP fuselage from way back when. Relatively heavy by today's standards, flew extremely well on the OS 61 FSR and pipe.

dscf2311.jpg

Shelley Redworth brought along three models, Bar Fli, Moonglow and an Illusion. Bar Fli was flown continuously throughout the day, Shelley showing it off to good effect.

dscf2319.jpg

Group photo. 14 fliers and 25+ models, what could be better.

dscf2324.jpg

Tony Bloomfield carries back his Adagio, designed by Ken Binks.

Edited By Steve Dunning on 30/07/2016 19:54:01

Been told that I have to put this piccie on from last Sunday!

dscf2305.jpg

Chris Anderson said I was smiling when he took the photo (and all the ones above) cos I'd eaten all the cakes that my wife, Sue, had baked for the event. There wasn't much left of them at the end of the day, evidence of what a great baker she is.

Edited By Steve Dunning on 31/07/2016 11:04:57