Essential RC's videos

• 4 weeks later...

Superb Sunday morning in the company of Jon of Microaces who showed us his new line-up of innovative micro model replica kits of historic aircraft including, the soon to be released, Bristol F2b 'Brisfish'. These are awesome models for indoor or outside, in zero wind, to very calm conditions. The kits take the receiver and motor/gearbox from Parkzone and E-flite micro models. If you have a crashed model around it's a great way to get more value from them. More flight video and an Essential RC 'Flight Test' coming very soon.

For more details about these new and clever models visit www.microaces.com

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 16/08/2016 19:51:51

I've always been fascinated by RC paragliders. It's one corner of our broad hobby that I've never had a go at. The quality chutes from Hacker or any of the leading manufacturers aren't cheap. Spending what I would sometimes spend on a model on a piece of fabric has put me off for several years...BUT after seen my club mate Richard have a go I can see the attraction even more. It's certainly not easy. Quite a lot of tuning is required to get the setup flying well and adjusted to any type of wind...but I think that's where the fun lies if you are up to the challenge. Short video of some flying and then some close ups of his homemade buggy.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 17/08/2016 07:52:57

Yeah Jos, they are outstanding looking models. Quite looking forward to building one this weekend. When I started out with electric flight many years ago I was scratch building using 6mm depron and brushed motors...will be bring back good memories putting one of these sweet models together. Stay tuned for an Essential RC 'Flight Test' video

More action from my visit to watch and try out the NEW Microaces series of micro models. Kits available from http://www.microaces.com and if you do not have donor receiver and motor/gearbox from a Parkzone or E-flite model you can get them from http://www.micronradiocontrol.co.uk. With a wet weekend beckoning glad I've got a Microaces kit to put together and keep me busy...a few pictures will follow...

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 18/08/2016 19:41:36

• 3 weeks later...

I had not considered trying out FPV drone flying until now as it did not look to be a very cheap thing to get into. Seems that has changed. I did some research and selected the Blade Inductrix 200 FPV (Horizon Hobby) and the Quanum Cyclops FPV goggles (HobbyKing). For what you pay they certainly work well and could teach the beginner and even intermediate pilot some tricks. The drone especially is very rugged and durable as I show in the video.

As this whole area of the hobby is new to me I familiarised myself with the laws regarding drone flight to ensure I stayed legal before I started flying.

• 3 weeks later...

At 1.3m wingspan the Avios Zazzy from HobbyKing is a decent size but the innovative servo connection system for the wings means breaking it down for transport (and assembly at the field) is very quick and easy with no servo lead connections. Precision flight and aerobatic characteristics are superb due to the quality digital metal gear servos and the thick wing section makes for stable flight at high and low speed. This is a perfect second model for the RC pilot who wants there next challenge after they have learnt basic flight with an RC Trainer like the HobbyKing Tuff Trainer 2.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 20/09/2016 10:58:35

I am so glad hobby king came up with that "servo connection system" (otherwise known as a connector) because plugging in two servo leads is so time consuming and inconvenient.

Is this a genuine review of a subliminal advert sponsored by hobby king?

Edited By Phil 9 on 20/09/2016 12:49:17

Is it a review? If you read an article in a magazine which had pictures of it in the air...I'd call that a 'review'. I call my videos 'flight tests' as I think that's more accurate for what I do. And I try my best to be genuine about it. Watch it flying in the video and form you own opinion as to whether it flies well or not. Happy to answer any question about the model itself.

Absolutely, Phil.

Very innovating regarding that genuine lead connection idea...

Maybe just guessing here, but can't we identify some big logo on that video trailer image... ???

The author could be a 'genuine reviewer' but then also a quite wealthy one since he started some 'sublimation' artifacts...

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Subliminal Control

Thanks Jo. You are right. Electric models have come a looong way in the last few years (as have my flying skills). The quality of most RTF models has improved a lot. Having flown the Zazzy 5 times over the weekend I couldn't think of a way they could improve it other than put a pilot in the cockpit. If you've got an A cert it would be an awesome model to take your B cert on. Wish this type of model had been around a few years back when I took mine.

Another vid of another awesome NEW model on the block. The NEW E-flite Sukhoi SU-29M (Gen 2). Not flown it myself but obviously in the hands of the Horizon Hobby UK Team it does every trick in the book.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 21/09/2016 08:10:18