Essential RC's videos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The yellow Waco built and flown by Greg was built from a Barth kit (Germany) and the other Waco was built from an American AMR kit at the same scale. They weigh 23kg and the 29kg respectively and both are powered by Blackstar 250cc 5 cylinder 4 stroke radials from Tomahawk Aviation throwing 32x16 propellors. Both Wacos use Futaba radio with Powerbox sbus systems for guidance.

Luke Metcalf flying this in true scale style at Weston Park International Airshow 2022. Lightning by name and he flies it like Lightning. I had trouble keeping up. Full after burners and tight turns. TERRIFIC !
Span: 176 cm
Length: 284 cm
Engine: B300F turbine (320N thrust)
Built by Paul from the Airworld Modellbau kit. 9 litres of fuel onboard in two 4.5 litre tanks.

Edited by Dom (Essential RC)
  • Like 2

Steve Holland flies his exceptional scratch built scale replica of the DH.88 Comet G-ACSS 'Grosvenor House' that won the famous 1934 England-Australia MacRobertson Air Race from the United Kingdom to Australia. This model is powered by 2 Zenoah 74s. and in total it cost Steve £5000 in materials to build it.

Wingspan: 22 ft
Length: 14 ft 6in
Height: 5 ft
Engines: two Zenoah Z74 twins with trumpets. Each has a 1 1/2 litre tank.
Props: Menz 26×8 turning at 6300rpm.
Weight: 150 lb

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have flown so many foamies recently I'd forgotten how good a balsa model could actually be. OMP obviously take pride in the quality of their product. Arrives in an almost bullet proof container to protect it from any knocks during shipping and you can understand that when you see how light the components are. Takes just a few minutes to assemble the PNP version.

Fantastic little Super Decathlon that goes together very quickly in 20 minutes due to the design and completeness of the kit. I set mine up on my Radiomaster TX16S transmitter and a Spektrum receiver. First flight I was doing all the aerobatic moves I could think of !

Edited by Dom (Essential RC)