Essential RC's videos

Thanks Dom for your time ... Sukhoi is really fantastic model but I'm a little old-fashioned , for my taste, too many safety electronics (safe button etc) If I get it , in the future,want to incorporate just ordinary futaba tx 6 ch and set up flaperons for a softer landing to keep the gear and then with more fear (adrenaline) appeared on my local meadow...looolface 1 Ciao

Superb flying of a stunning model spoiled only by the paint scheme I suppose paint schemes are definitely in the eye of the beholder however skilfully carried out.

I just wish I could perform such an accurate slow roll at 3 mistakes high never mind no mistakes high like this

Geoff

Posted by Dom (Essential RC) on 20/09/2016 10:57:49:

At 1.3m wingspan the Avios Zazzy from HobbyKing is a decent size but the innovative servo connection system for the wings means breaking it down for transport (and assembly at the field) is very quick and easy with no servo lead connections. Precision flight and aerobatic characteristics are superb due to the quality digital metal gear servos and the thick wing section makes for stable flight at high and low speed. This is a perfect second model for the RC pilot who wants there next challenge after they have learnt basic flight with an RC Trainer like the HobbyKing Tuff Trainer 2.

Disappointing to see the BMFA recommendations on safety disregarded when connecting the battery.

"(b) Since plugging in the flight battery is nearly always a two-handed job you must give serious thought to how your model will be restrained BEFORE it does something you don’t expect.

(c) When plugging in the flight battery, positive restraint, either by a helper holding the model or by some other method, and staying completely clear of the propeller must always be part of your regular routine. "

One false move or fault and the motor would have started when the Lipo was connected. Considering where the prop was at the time and that there was no model restraint if the motor had started it would have been "interesting"

To my mind the procedure used would warrant a failure if the pilot was undertaking even the A certificate test.

A synchronised RC heli and dance display I caught at the UK HeliFest at Ragley Hall. Cannot imagine the effort that goes into planning this routine and rehearsing it. Was great entertainment and appreciated by the crowd watching. Featuring skilled pilots Kyle Dahl and Mirko Cesena partnered by talented dancers Chiara Cesena and Aida Grosu.

That was an extremely well put together act. I shudder to think how much effort and time went into learning it. A couple of very talented heli pilots, not to mention the very talented dancers as well.

Considering that the dancers and pilots were back to back a lot of the time, the synchro was pretty much spot on. Helis really don't do it for me normally, but that was impressive.

Steve

You have forgotten the safety aspect on some of your vids in the past and I see that this is no different.

Let's be honest, this is an advert for a model aircraft so you're actually condoning this kind of thing to other would be fliers.

Flying indoors and "having fun" whilst, on occasion, being less in control than is required causing yourself to back away is always a hoot isn't it - until you get a facefull of propeller! If you're going to fly indoors, at this range and at head height, please wear a motorcycle helmet!

The only sensible part of this is the fact that no one else was around.

Edited By John F on 14/10/2016 09:00:29