Essential RC's videos

Posted by Dom (Essential RC) on 05/08/2020 22:41:58:

My second flight so far more fun in aerobatics. No doubt will take it to the slope or try to catch some thermals soon.

That was superb. I'm not particularly interested in the plane as I don't like foamies.

However

Your flying was excellent. It shows you are not 'scared' of model planes in the manner of "I might crash it" as unless something beyond your control breaks you won't and you know it. Many modellers never get to that stage.

The filming? Lovely scenery always in focus with a big depth of field, perfect colour balance, and no 'arty' stuff such as constant switches to slow motion or frequent 'stop motion' which so often causes the thing to become totally disjointed.

And above all the plane is not 'built to impress bystanders"

Cheers and thank you.

3rd in the Eachine 400mm Micro Warbird series is out. Preceeded by the P-51 Mustang and F4U Corsair. This flies just as well. I leave it in MIDD mode. EXPERT mode is too sensitive for most fingers...and contrary to what I say in the video you can pull loops and rolls in stabilised MIDD mode. BEGINNER mode limits pitch and roll and prevents inverted flight. Durability of these models is great. The prop pops off in a bad arrival and just clicks back in place.

Our newest ERC team member flies his AJ Laser 73 in this vid. Trev is most enthusiastic about 3D style flying and is looking forward to taking part in some competitions very soon.

In this video Trev was flying the AJ Laser 73 with...
Subsonicplanes Motrolfly 4330-216
Hobbywing 100 amp hv V3 esc
JXF 20 x 8 prop
Promodeler DS345BLHV servos
Seacraft servo arms
Spektrum AR 8010t receiver
Main power 3300 6s lipo x 2 - 12 s
Receiver and servos- 800 mah 2s lipo
AUW 11 lbs 14 oz

• 2 months later...

Very quick assembly of this new Freewing Saab JAS-39 Gripen but the transmitter setup for the elevons and canards was a little challenging. On first flight I failed to get this jet in the air with 6S6000 pack. CG too far forward. But with 6S5000 it jumped into the air. Trimmed out for roll quickly on first circuit then hit the deck for low smooth passes and nice axial rolls. Another excellent jet from Freewing.

• 4 weeks later...

This seriously large P-47 was flown at the Stow Maries Scale RC Show by John Mason of TJD Models. It has wingspan of 122 inches, the weight is around 70 lbs and the model is powered by a DLE-170. Other engine options for this giant are the DA-200, DLE-222, MOKI 250 and 300.

Plan available at http://www.meister-scale.com/Thunderbolt25/index.html

Progress on my recently acquired Chris Golds Concorde. Designed and built by the great man back in 2003 and been in storage gathering dust ever since apparently. I did some common sense stuff to it to get it ready for it's re-maiden. Hoping to fly it soon should good conditions prevail.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 15/12/2020 13:49:00

Introducing the SPEED FLEA, a new RC gadget designed and manufactured in the UK. It's the most compact way to determine the max speed of your RC whether it be surface or air. Powered off the balance plug on your lipo. Also gives pack voltage. So small and light it can practically fit in any RC.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 21/12/2020 11:47:45

Is Chris Golds still around? He used to write some excellent articles in the Electric Flight magazine and was a very talented designer, builder and artist. I once wrote to him and got a beautiful hand written reply. I think he also flew Hunters when he was in the RAF.

It seems very sad that the Concorde model's fan problem with FOD damage echos the fate of the full size's demise. Never the less it's a beautiful model and it'll be great to see it in the air..

Geoff

Was told that he is around Geoff but had decided to part with some of his creations via George at 4-Max. Could be a while before I attempt Concorde's re-maiden. I couldn't get one of my more dependable EDF jets off the grass field at my local club yesterday so I'm not going to risk Concorde until it's dried out. Will post results here when I do it though.

A fantastic creation demonstrated at Old Warden Aerodrome at the ModelAir event and in the hands of this experienced pilot it really was a joy to capture it flying in the warm breeze.

Richard the owner and pilot shared that this is a model of 1934 Weir - W2 at roughly 1:6 scale. The full size aircraft is at the National Museum of Flight in Scotland.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all and Steve, yes, new 'Essential RC' Channel icon for 2021. My brother is a bit of an artist and created caricatures of each of the family as gifts for Christmas...which are all now framed and hanging up in the hallway at home. I took mine as my new logo. Notice how I removed the wine bottles though !

YT channel art

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 12/01/2021 09:51:10