Essential RC's videos

No problems Jos. We'll be looking at the new H-King Voltigeur as well in next 2 weeks. Very similar size. Will be interesting comparison.

Next vid. Something different. This is my good friend Andy from my local club with a 'TRIXIE' built from an Adrian Britton plan, by is Father, many years ago from a plan. It has a lot of sentimental value so Andy restored it recently and installed modern receiver, servos and electric power to replace the original diesel engine. Genuine pleasure to film him flying it again for the first time.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 25/01/2017 12:46:20

Dom, I think giving mates a 'ride' is great fun, I can see the value in that but I'm not sure how easy it would be to fly the plane using the goggles at that speed, when I fly using my sim you don't get that peripheral vision that is all important (I would have thought) which makes it hard to judge distances etc. Great videos though and great results, keep up the good work I really enjoyed watching.

Thanks Cliff. It wouldn't be easy to fly it FPV that's for sure. Tunnel vision effectively. Horizontal head tracking would make it a little easier. Maybe putting the cam on the side of the vertical stabiliser would help. I think I could take off and fly without problem as currently setup but landing gently on the wheels would be the biggest problem. Judging the final turn, the descent, balancing the throttle with the nose up and the descent? Very difficult. I'll probably be daft enough to try it sometime in the near future just to say I tried...but need to do it somewhere with a lot of space obviously. My local jet club has exactly that so we'll see...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the terrible weather I've been focussing on anything but planes recently. Boats, cars and trains to name just a few...and it's been fun. But with Spring on the horizon (fingers crossed) I've got back into some new products that hit the shelves recently.

First up, the NEW HobbyKing Voltigeur 3D EPO plane. Great fun even on a very very breezy day. Certainly tested out the speed and torque of the servos!