Multiplex Cockpit Sx 9

Former Member

If the Cockpit SX follows the same programming philosophy as my Royal Pro, the following may apply:

Butterfly or Crow braking is initiated by the "Spoiler"-function which is operated by the throttle stick on a typical glider configuration. The mixers assigned to the Ailerons and Flaps will contain mixing parts (sorry, I don't know the correct term, I am used to the German version) "Flap" and "Spoiler", "Flap" being controlled by roller. If you don't want the roller to be active, you should reduce the mix percentage for "Flap" to zero in both mixers (presumably named Aileron+ and Flap+ in analogy to my Royal Pro). There should be a possibility to change your setup such that you can feed fixed amounts of "Flap" dependant on the active Flight Phase, but I don't know how to do that on the Cockpit.

Max.

P.S. I checked the manual, there is a "Hint" in chapter 10 about fixing Flap values, but without a picture or the real thing I still don't know how it is done exactly.

Edited By Max Z on 10/09/2018 08:23:37

Paul, it is like the mixers in the old Cockpit Sx, like Max says if you don't want any flap input then in the mixer specify no or very little flap input the roller will do nothing.

Or if you have upgraded to v1.40 I think you can assign flap control to a different control/switch. I upgraded my mates Sx and had a quick play with it but don't have it in front of me now to check.

BTW he has the flaps on a power plane on a rear roller and really likes this.

Paul, good stuff, once you've flown the glider you might find a bit of camber flap for thermaling is useful, so you could then dial it back in.

Once you get into flight phases you can set different mix inputs in each flight phase, so you could have flaps mixed with ailerons in one phase for full span ailerons, flap and aileron camber in another for thermaling and then crow braking on another for landing.

BTW it's often useful to have the flap control fully active when you are setting up the flap servos and then to dial in the flap movement you require (or don't) in the mixer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again , another question , my cockpit sx9 speaker makes white noise with what (being a layman) I would describe as computer processor sounds, which is audible when in the house setting up. This happens whether the sound it turned to mute or whether the audible warnings are on or not. The audio works fine. Would you consider this a fault or possibly normal ? I don't know whether it did this before I installed 1.4 firmware. Advice appreciated ? thanks.

Can I ask for some help again please from you Multiplex guys, 30 years of Futaba makes me a dummy ! I have installed the copilot module into my SX9 which seems to be working. Can I use a Royal Evo 7 as the pupil transmitter and if so how do I get it to bind ? there may be a huge gap in my understanding sorry !!

I'm not familiar with the Multiplex co-pilot module. However, I've used the Multiplex M-link trainer dongle with Multiplex Pro 16 transmitters.

The pupil transmitter is bound to the dongle by first switching on the pupil tx in binding mode and pressing a button on the dongle.

Is there a binding button on the co-pilot module, or is it integrated into the Multiplex Cockpit software?

Edited By Robert Welford on 25/09/2018 19:02:52

Posted by Max Z on 25/09/2018 19:12:57:

I don't want to sound pedantic, but then again I don't know how big your "gap in understanding" is, do you realise that your Evo 7 should have been converted to M-Link (2.4 gHz)?

Edited By Max Z on 25/09/2018 19:13:59

Sorry its not that big LOL ! the Royal Evo is 2.4 M link.

Yes, no problem using the Royal Evo providing it is M Link, I use my Royal Pro 9 with my Profi.

On the Profi there is a link in the training menu for binding to the co-pilot you select this and then put the Royal Evo into bind mode, (push the spanner button while switching on) job done.

Note on the MPX sets it's the just the control inputs that are transferred, so all the trims, rates, expo and any mixes stay on the master Tx, you can also decide which control inputs you assign to the pupil.

The Cockpit Sx instructions are on page 45 of the v1.30 manual.

Edit, sorry I got distracted and delayed posting, it looks like you've got it now.

Edited By Frank Skilbeck on 25/09/2018 19:43:56