What star sign are you? Is there a trend with flyers?

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 23/08/2016 22:20:30:

Astrology - the fertile hunting ground of charlatans, quacks and confidence tricksters.

I don't believe in ghosts, either....face 4

Pete

I agree but I bet everyone knows their star sign never the less and will probably look it up if they happen across the astrology page in one of the tabloids (as a Guardian reader I NEVER see a red top ) even if only to scoff.

I know my star sign (Capricorn) but, though I know my wife's birthday (and never forget it), I haven't a clue what the sign is for October 5.

Geoff

Just because you think astrology is Tosh doesn't mean you don't have a sign, nor does it make it less interesting. I don't think much of it is right either, but voted out of curiosity ...what if we WERE all Scorpios ??

As it happens we aren't and it's an equal spread, but at least I know now.

Go on, be a devil...have a vote. I bet you checked the result .

D

Posted by David perry 1 on 24/08/2016 07:45:18:
Just because you think astrology is Tosh doesn't mean you don't have a sign, nor does it make it less interesting. I don't think much of it is right either, but voted out of curiosity ...what if we WERE all Scorpios ??

As it happens we aren't and it's an equal spread, but at least I know now.

Go on, be a devil...have a vote. I bet you checked the result .

D

who cares? frown

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 23/08/2016 22:59:45:
Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 23/08/2016 22:20:30:

Astrology - the fertile hunting ground of charlatans, quacks and confidence tricksters.

I don't believe in ghosts, either....face 4

Pete

I agree but I bet everyone knows their star sign never the less and will probably look it up if they happen across the astrology page in one of the tabloids (as a Guardian reader I NEVER see a red top ) even if only to scoff.

I know my star sign (Capricorn) but, though I know my wife's birthday (and never forget it), I haven't a clue what the sign is for October 5.

Geoff

No, I cannot remember the last time I checked, at least 25 years ago thinking

I have, on more than one occasion, read to my SWMBO the astrology readings for her starsign. She listened intently, which made me quite nervous as it rarely happens, then she admits x must be true, y is right because she did trip over a cat yesterday etc, etc, etc.

Doesn't realise I read a completely different astrology reading!

One lecture I went to when at an OU summer school examined the history of astrology and it was interesting to learn that the earth wobbles over a period of 25,000 years. This means that over the past two thousand years since astrology was invented the Earth axis has shifted which means that the astrological positions have moved by about a month; one whole sign, yet astrologers have not updated their "charts".

People used to believe that the Earth was flat yet are now happy that it is round, for the most part, yet many won't move from this archaic belief system in the light of modern astrology facts.

The thing that concerns me about this is that people leave very important decisions to this mumbo jumbo and use a hammer to fit what they read into their life's occurrences, a bit like those clues in 3-2-1, with Ted Rogers, that never, ever, made any sense.

Phew - sugar rush!

Aries.

Be aware of unexpected situations when flying glow or petrol powered models, particularly with respect to uninvited comments from the wider community who may not always be well receiving of the music from these engines, but are so beloved of the aeromodelling community.

With the sun now entering the astral plane of Horus and Taranis it could be a good period to consider replacing long lived and favoured old radio systems, but only if you can foresee plenty of time to understand the mysteries of open source software.

You are also considering venturing into the world of the jet model and gas turbines, beware that this is fraught with uncertainty, particularly that which is connected to the health of one's bank balance.

Lucky day.........Sunday (for flying)................ number to avoid........7 (average number of flights between crashes)

For all other star signs, read as above.