Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

• 2 weeks later...
Small video when I switch from wheels to skis on the Tundra and a little test flight afterwards. There will be many more videos of winter flying and of course with different models.

Hope you like the video.
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................heart

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Flying electric and metanol planes and has been flying sens early 80's
Currently do I have about 20 planes in the hangar, wingspan from 50cm to 250cm.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.

Small video when I switch from wheels to skis on my Carbon Cub Z and little flying afterwards. The Carbon Cub'n was as fun and comfortable to fly with skis as it was with wheels, so it will be a lot of flying this winter with my Carbon Cub.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................film

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.

Small video from this weekend when I flew my e-flite Carbon Cub Z and some touch and go with the skis on snow. This is a perfect model for winter flying, if you have one just go and get some skis and get out and fly.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................wink 2

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 05/12/2016 11:50:20:

Dear Bjarne you play with my old nerves at 02:27 .....anyway thanks alot...because I do not see this every daythumbs up

Jos

Thank you Jo. I have my faults to when flying as everyone else and didn't want to edit it out, it can be nice to see that no one aren't flawless when flying............ angel

//Bjarne

Tundra skiing is almost as much fun on the ground as in the air, spinning around like a hefty RC car in the snow. Can not help but give this model kudos for how versatile it is. Short start and landings, large wheels so you can take off and land anywhere, lovely as seaplane, perfect winter model with skis, nice size to take with them anytime, gorgeous flight characteristics and a perfect first model that can withstand a beating.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................wink 2

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

• 2 weeks later...
There is obviously a limit to how low you can fly inverted......... embarrassed

Hope you like the video.
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ...................... laugh

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Posted by Wasaforumite on 21/12/2016 17:28:38:

Hi Bjarne

Great flying there! I'm sure the fin will repair quickly and you'll be flying the Tundra again soon.

Any advice to Winter flyers on how to get the lipos to perform in such low temperatures?

Thanks for the entertainment!

Just the prop broke and it was all ready due for a change so it's already flying again....... smile

I have been flying down to -25 Celsius with different models and newer had any problems with my lipos. The only thing I do is that I normally fly 1-2 min shorter flights than I do during the summer.

Regards
Bjarne

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 22/12/2016 09:40:04:

Dear Bjarne, thank you to sharing of your fruitful RC year . Now rest a little while . To you and your family I wish a Merry Christmasnote

Cheers

Jos

Thank you Jo and a Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones to, and I wish a Merry Christmas to all other viewers here to, and hope everybody will have a nice and peaceful holiday.

Cheers
Bjarne

• 1 month later...
I just want to apologize for the lack of videos for the past few weeks, I've been working hard on finalizing my new hobby-room/workshop and also managed to get the thumb into the table saw. As thumb flyer it's a bad combination so there has not been any flying before a small test this weekend with mixed results (crash video coming later this week)

Here is a film of Marius (my son) who got a Durafly Tundra for Christmas, this is his very first maiden with his own plane after he became the solo pilot. Could not have done better than this as a first flight with the new plane. A very proud father here now and I'm look forward to many flights together with him.

Hope you like the video.
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ...................... wink

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 06/02/2017 19:05:40:

Hi Marius , like father like son thumbs up........Congrats !

Note: Hello Bjarne ,Let your thumb healed as soon as possible face 1

Cheers

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 06/02/2017 19:09:33

It's hard to wait for the thumb when you are used to fly several times a week........ smile p

/Bjarne

I've been working hard on finalizing my new hobby-room/workshop and also managed to get the thumb into the table saw. As thumb flyer it's a bad combination so there has not been any flying before a small test this weekend. This is the first flight with my injured thumb and it went great, not much to complain about.

My next flight did not go as well as this one. Was flying together with my son and did something that resulted in a lot of pain in the thumb and crashed straight down in the frozen tarmac.

Video of the crash is coming later this week so don't forget to subscribe so you want miss it.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

This is the first time me and my son is flying together, however did it not end quite as we had planned.

I'm flying with an injured thumb after a brief encounter with my table saw, and did something that resulted in a lot of pain so I couldn't manage flying. So absolutely a pilot error. The damage was fixed in about 30 min, just one ski, propeller and one Wing Strut broke. The Wing Strut was an easy fix to.

The conclusion is that Durafly Tundra can defiantly take a beating.

Hope you like the video.
Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

After 12 years gave the system with one servo for the ailerons on the Multiplex Magister up. In high speed did they locked themselves up because of the airflow over the wing so that it could not make a turn or get out of a turn you were already in. So I've now built into two standard Futaba servo with short straight pushrods that should not bend or give under load.

Here is the very first test flight after the rebuild.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

We have since last summer worked a little now and then to build my new hobby room / workshop. Now it's finally done and I can begin to move in some equipment, planes and other accessories. But there are still a lot of equipment, tools and not least the rest of the models (10-15 models) that still has to be moved in. I have been asked to make a video of it and I also wanted to show off my new little "Man Cave", so here's a little video of how it looked from when we started and until it was done with its my own design and solutions.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................smile d

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang