Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

A small video of my Diamond 2500. Got an urge to test it as it's long time since I flew a gliders last. So we went out in the winter cold with 5-6 ms wind. Blew pretty good up high, so much that I could soar pretty good on the cross wind. Was just a short flight due to cold fingers after just a 10 minutes flight.

Hope you like the video.

Do not forget to subscribe to my channel ......................

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang
Flying electric and metanol planes and has been flying sens early 80's
Currently do I have about 20 planes in the hangar, wingspan from 50cm to 250cm.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel, normally do I upload videos several times per month.

A wonderful day out in the sunshine, fresh snow and two Durafly Tundra. I with my Tundra along with my son Marius and his Tundra.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

My nephew had some really bad luck and crashed his STM DHC-2 Beaver hard in June 2015. When I heard that he had ordered a new one and would throw the old one did I say that he could give the broken one to me so I could see if it was possible to repair it. Now have I put together this puzzle and made new pieces and new motor mount that were either lost or could not be repaired. Yesterday did it flew again for the first time in nearly two years, almost everything can be repaired if one tries.

Link to the video where he crashes it exists in the video's description on YouTube.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Wanted to test the soaring characteristics of this model, so I took it up quite high. After 7 minutes of flying had I only use the engine for 2 minutes, not bad given the lack of thermals in the cold. Looking really forward to sunny hot summer days where you can sit in a good chair and just enjoy soaring. With the 4S 5300mAh that I use can I without any trouble to fly 30-45 minutes at a time if there are no thermals.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Wow For many years was the small GWS E-starter my personal favorite due to it's size. Small, fun, easy to fly and you could fly it anywhere, I had it in my car all the time due to it's size.

Now have the Tundra taken over for the same reason and the Tundra is more durable and even more versatile the the old E-Starter. There is just nothing that you can't do with the Tundra, it's the perfect model for beginners to advanced, perfect year round wheels, floats and skis.

But when I'm going out to the field and have planned to be there a whole day is my Cub's a favorite. I have one Carbon Cub Z and an old balsa Cub that is 220 cm wingspan med a 4 stroke methanol engine. These are my go to planes of my larger models.

But I do also enjoy all my other models as well, And I try to fly them all regularly

Cheers Bjarne

Mounted on skis since I now have two to that is going to buddy boxing with me and did set the ailerons from 100 to 30. With our condition will we have snow a couple of more months and then it's a little easier to school when the runway is rarely plowed when we use skis.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
I know that 100 subscribers are not very many, but for me it's quite a lot and I am deeply grateful for all subscribers and extremely grateful to everyone who has seen and who sees my videos. As a thank you from my side have I put together a little video of my personal highlights from last year and a little "giveaway" that I hope someone will have.

Hope you like the video.

Regards
Bjarne Kvilvang

Thank you for your kind words Josip, it warms in my hart. Then would I just want to remind that the draw of giveaway is tomorrow (March 31) around 20:30 (CET +1) and I'm going to publish the winner with a video around 21:00(CET +1), so it's not too late to participate in the competition............... gift

Cheers Bjarne

Since many has started with this hobby, and many have only seen the finished fomies would I like to show how I prepare a good old balsa model with a glow engine for this summer's flights. Tightening the cover, minor repairs, fixing new things to it and starting the engine. I have split this into four videos where the last video is a test flight of the model.

Part 1 of Maintenance and service before summer

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Thank you Josip, I will tray to see if I can upload Part 3 during the afternoon/evening. I'm going to the field first to fly and film Part 4 with my kids Marius and Eirik.

They have made there own planes ready for flight today, so Eirik will fly his Bixler2 and Marius will fly the Tundra. I have planned to test fly RC-Viking after filming part 1-3 of my series "Maintenance and service before summer" and then my Diamond 2500, Tundra and maybe will I have one of my students there for buddy boxing with the Multiplex Magister.

So hope the whether is with us tomorrow and that it won't be to much wind for the RC-Viking that is an real old timer with just 3 channels and don't like it windy.

Cheers Bjarne